[Harp-L] Roland Street Cube and Harmonica

M. Erickson

Dec 13, 2008, 11:56:07 AM12/13/08
to har...@harp-l.org
I ran across this youtube while researching the "Roland Street Cube". I
don't know who it is or where it is, but I thought it was pretty cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHpHIH3Ln4M&feature=related

michael rubin

Dec 13, 2008, 12:40:43 PM12/13/08
to har...@harp-l.org
I really like this harp player. He is so good, especially for someone
so young. Who is it? They have disabled the comments so we cannot
ask youtube.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com

Michael Polesky, MPA

Dec 13, 2008, 1:42:28 PM12/13/08
to michael rubin, har...@harp-l.org
Yeah,

I would like to know who the harp player is as well!

Incidentally, I think this was recorded "inside" on someone's computer
despite the fact that the harp player seems to be playing the same licks
during the video as the recording. Actually, it must be that way, because
the same guy is playing guitar. A really excellent player and a funky
little tune! Please tell us who and how!!

Michael

David & Jackie Naiditch

Dec 13, 2008, 2:03:26 PM12/13/08
to har...@harp-l.org
And here is our mystery harmonica/guitar player using a diatonic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcVkXTsnR7A&NR=1

On Dec 13, 2008, at 10:42 AM, Michael Polesky, MPA wrote:

> Yeah,
>
> I would like to know who the harp player is as well!
>
> Incidentally, I think this was recorded "inside" on someone's
> computer despite the fact that the harp player seems to be playing
> the same licks during the video as the recording. Actually, it
> must be that way, because the same guy is playing guitar. A really
> excellent player and a funky little tune! Please tell us who and
> how!!
>
> Michael

Joe and Cass Leone

Dec 13, 2008, 2:23:21 PM12/13/08
to michael rubin, har...@harp-l.com

On Dec 13, 2008, at 12:40 PM, michael rubin wrote:

> I really like this harp player.

Like him? I LOVE this kid.

> He is so good, especially for someone
> so young. Who is it?

That would be my FIRST question. So, what do we have here? He's 5'9
13/16' tall, 154 lb 3 oz, Japanese, 25 years old, and according to
what I see, the archetecture, and the way the red sandstone steps are
masoned, combined with the foliage, and people in the background, the
hillside, the waterfront, I'm going to say that the vide was made
in....ta ta, da daaaaa.........Kobe Japan.

> They have disabled the comments so we cannot
> ask youtube.

THAT was a mystery to me. You would think they would invite them. On
the other hand, I thik the comments wouldn't be about the cube so
much as rather 1... Who IZ dis guy 2... What harmonica is he using.
And since it's an AMP video, I can understand that. I'm not saying
it's right. I'm just saying I understand.

smo-joe

Slim Heilpern

Dec 13, 2008, 3:17:48 PM12/13/08
to Joe and Cass Leone, har...@harp-l.com
I found his name on the Roland site:

http://www.roland.com/products/en/MOBILE_CUBE/demos.html

Next to the diatonic demo it says this: "Slow" composed and performed by
Maki Yamaguchi.

- Slim.

www.SlideManSlim.com

Joe and Cass Leone wrote:

> On Dec 13, 2008, at 12:40 PM, michael rubin wrote:
>
>> I really like this harp player.
>
> Like him? I LOVE this kid.
>
>> He is so good, especially for someone
>> so young. Who is it?
>
> That would be my FIRST question. So, what do we have here? He's 5'9
> 13/16' tall, 154 lb 3 oz, Japanese, 25 years old, and according to
> what I see, the archetecture, and the way the red sandstone steps are
> masoned, combined with the foliage, and people in the background, the
> hillside, the waterfront, I'm going to say that the vide was made
> in....ta ta, da daaaaa.........Kobe Japan.
>
>> They have disabled the comments so we cannot
>> ask youtube.
>
> THAT was a mystery to me. You would think they would invite them. On
> the other hand, I thik the comments wouldn't be about the cube so much
> as rather 1... Who IZ dis guy 2... What harmonica is he using. And
> since it's an AMP video, I can understand that. I'm not saying it's
> right. I'm just saying I understand.
>
> smo-joe
>
>> Michael Rubin
>> Michaelrubinharmonica.com

Joe and Cass Leone

Dec 13, 2008, 4:49:46 PM12/13/08
to Slim Heilpern, har...@harp-l.com
So, I guess I was right....again. Hay. is it my imagination or was
the red cube LARGER that the black cube. Like, thicker?

smo-joe