technical ?

first last

Sep 17, 2012, 12:52:02 PM9/17/12
to harp-l-meta discussions
I have a subscriber who is getting 6 copies of each digest. His
bounce report score was 3 out of 5. My inclination is to ask him to
forward the digests so I can parse the headers. It's a can of worms
because subscribers don't generally forward e-mails with intact header
info. I'd ask for just the headers but that is way over everyone's
head. I'm pretty sure it's on his end. He has his own domain name so
I'm guessing there is some aliasing going on.

El Rey de los Super Mochomos

Sep 19, 2012, 9:54:37 PM9/19/12
to harp-l-meta...@googlegroups.com
Shows what i know.  Here's what happened.

I figured it out! I made rule in Microsoft Outlook to send all mail from you
to a folder named Harp-l. For some reason it was getting sent to my spam
folder instead so I kept on making the same rule over again until I had six
of them. I just deleted all of the rules except one and once it started to
send them to the right folder I only get one now.

Never in a million years would I have figured that out from my end.  I'm not an Outlook user for one thing.  I was pretty sure it wasn't us but not for any good reason.

Seth Galitzer

Sep 20, 2012, 9:53:32 AM9/20/12
to harp-l-meta...@googlegroups.com
Outlook is just plain dumb. Glad this person figured it out. I had no
idea what mailman could possibly be doing to have caused this.

Seth

--
Seth Galitzer
The beatings will continue until morale has improved.

First Last

Sep 20, 2012, 10:28:22 PM9/20/12
to harp-l-meta...@googlegroups.com
Definitely a user error

Michelle LeFree

Sep 25, 2012, 10:26:30 PM9/25/12
to harp-l-meta...@googlegroups.com
So fjm, it's almost October. What is the Harp-L drop-dead date?

To the group, have we reached some sort of a solution to take the
hand-off from fjm? A couple of folks had some ideas, even some bold,
selfless proposals. Did anything cohesive ever come of all that? Is
there an interim plan?

Thanks,

Michelle