Osceola County Superintendent Questions - Long Answer

Geo

Apr 11, 2011, 9:21:05 PM4/11/11
to gg
Here are a few "long answer" questions from my family. Please ask your own
family for questions, especially your kids in school.

Q) As an example, let's assume that you are not familiar with the "Race to
the Top" standards for the state of Florida. How do you get up-to-speed
quickly on such unfamiliar policies implemented in other states? Describe
the method that you would use.

Q) What do you think about the Parent Internet Viewer (PIV) used in the
Osceola County School District? What have you used in the past to keep
parents informed of their children's grade status?

Q) As a follow-on to the PIV question, what is the maximum amount of time
that should elapse between the determination of an assignment or test grade
and when it is posted online for parents to see? Please elaborate.

Q) How would you verify on a day-to-day basis that your policies and
procedures are being properly implemented? For example, how do you know if
teachers are handing out the questions and answers to midterm or final
exams?

Q) What plans would you implement to eliminate sugary products in school
cafeterias and vending machines?

Roy Sampson

Apr 14, 2011, 9:23:07 PM4/14/11
to harm...@googlegroups.com

> From: IIDIMG...@spammotel.com
> To: Harm...@googlegroups.com
1) Given the state the schools system are currently face with regarding bullying on campus as well as off campus, can briefly mention what
a. measure(s) you have implemented in dealing with this issue in your current position
b. what measures you will implement across the school systems to ensure the safety of all children?
c. how will you ensure that this method is implemented in all school?

2) What method (s) do you have in place in dealing with out-of-zone students?

3) There is a lack of qualify minority (non hispanic) teachers in classroom throughout Osceola County, what will you do to recruit minority teachers in this area?

Thats all for now

> Subject: [HarmonyFL:960] Osceola County Superintendent Questions - Long Answer
> Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 21:21:05 -0400

Geo

May 3, 2011, 6:48:30 PM5/3/11
to harm...@googlegroups.com
Attached are the compiled lists of superintendent candidate questions (both
short and long). Most are categorized as "short answer", but many of the
short answer questions really belong on the "long answer" list.