Request for Tom Long - 2011-06-09

Geo

Jun 9, 2011, 6:18:17 PM6/9/11
to gg
Note: Rather than a request, this is actually an open letter to Osceola
School Board Member Tom Long. It directly relates to the 10 questions that
Mr. Long refuses to answer (see
http://groups.google.com/group/harmonyfl/msg/d16e95546396b277 ). Also,
Google reports that this newsgroup has recently garnered a dramatic increase
in activity. 296 views in the past two days is very significant for a group
like this.

Mr. Long,

Attached to this email is a photograph of a letter that I received a few
days ago via US mail. As you can see, the letter is anonymous. I haven't the
slightest idea who sent it. I have never received such an anonymous letter
before.

I thought that you should be aware of the sentiments of at least some of the
folks you represent on the school board. If this individual really does work
for the school district, it is very sad that such folks still feel
uncomfortable freely coming forward with their concerns within the Osceola
School District.

I really have no way of knowing for sure if the recent superintendent search
process was a "farce" or a "sham" as this individual believes, or if I was
used as a dupe, but I can say for sure that irregularities in the search and
selection process are obvious to me and your unwillingness to take them
seriously is a serious concern of mine, as I think it should be for many
others.

As you know (yet others may not know), you selected me to represent you on
the recent Osceola County Superintendent Citizens Search Committee. You made
this choice knowing full well my abilities and my penchant to research and
document everything. You knew full well in advance how dedicated and
thorough I am. You selected me knowing that I will always tell the truth as
it is, no matter what the result. This is what I do. This is what I have
done. This is what I will keep doing until all of the facts are known.

If it is true that you have "disavowed" me during a recent chamber of
commerce meeting, that is simply not right Mr. Long, especially considering
that I was not present to defend myself. That coupled with the fact that you
now refuse to account for your actions means that you are not handling this
important matter fairly or honorably. I must honestly say that such talk
behind my back seems rather cowardly Mr. Long, especially considering that
you have had every opportunity to properly defend your position to my face,
yet you have so far refused to.

It seems that you will only debate this issue in the dark Mr. Long, with no
opponents, and once again it would appear that transparency and
accountability are the opposite of what you stand for.

If you are able to claim publicly and with a straight face that you have
actually fulfilled your duty as a school board member with due diligence
during the recent evaluation of superintendent candidates, then clearly your
understanding of the term "due diligence" deviates from the norm (see
http://groups.google.com/group/harmonyfl/msg/b823adba0ea82768 ).

If you have actually made a mistake in how you handled this matter, then
please come forth now and correct your mistake so that we can move forward
and work together to better improve the next superintendent selection
process.

Sincerely,

George Schiro

Letter.jpg

Roy Sampson

Jun 11, 2011, 1:01:33 AM6/11/11
to harm...@googlegroups.com

 I hate to say it but my wife and I both agreed that all along a decision was made and they just had to go through the formality to say they tried to do the right thing. This is the good ole boys town and they will do whatever it takes to preserve it. I do hope that the voters wake up in this place and have their voices heard.