Intracare Implementation Log Episode 15: Non-proprietary signature consenting of patients.

Ignacio Valdes

Sep 23, 2008, 12:34:00 PM9/23/08
to hardhats
Further along the Road Less Traveled: Psychiatric patients frequently
have to sign consents for medication and other things. I am told that
the VA uses only proprietary systems like iMedConsent(tm) for this. I
have no doubts that Intracare will not be able to afford this or have
the desire to gum up the works with proprietary stuff. After having
the why-o-why-did-the-VA-decide-on-proprietary reaction for this, Is
there another way? I hope this does not become a show-stopper...

-- IV

Matt King

Sep 23, 2008, 4:01:10 PM9/23/08
to Hardhats
We just scan in the consents.

I, Valdes

Sep 23, 2008, 5:30:18 PM9/23/08
to Hardhats
What is the sequence for scanning stuff? Does it go to an intermediate
neutral stage like a pdf before it goes into cprs or directly into
CPRS? We have a high-dollar Toshiba fax/scan/copier. I know this topic
has been around for years.

-- IV

Nancy Anthracite

Sep 23, 2008, 5:36:21 PM9/23/08
to Hard...@googlegroups.com, I, Valdes
You can install scanning quite easily and see for yourself. CPRS has an icon
indicating there is a scan and it is pulled from an image directory tree
which may be on a separate machine.

http://www.opensourcevista.net:8888/NancysVistAServer/Scanning/
--
Nancy Anthracite