Harbour 3.0.0 released

Viktor Szakáts

Jul 17, 2011, 2:43:53 PM7/17/11
to harbou...@googlegroups.com, harbou...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

After more than 1.5 years of strong development and 3600 commits,
stable Harbour 3.0.0 version has been tagged and source packages
released. Binaries will follow, I will upload universal Windows package
as soon as it will be ready. For other platforms, I'm asking volunteers
to make the packages and upload them to sf.net file area.

Upgrade is recommended for all users.

Get 3.0.0 sources from here:
svn export https://harbour-project.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/harbour-project/tags/harbour-3.0.0
(note to developers: never commit into this branch)

Prepackaged sources here for both *nixes (.gz, .bz2, .xz)
and non-*nixes (.zip):
http://sourceforge.net/projects/harbour-project/files/source/3.0.0/

Binary package builders may use above links to get the sources.

[ SVN revision of 3.0.0 is r16952, it will be shown as r16951 in
version information. ]

I've bumped trunk to 3.1.0dev, this will be the new interim
version number for mainline development.

New features and even compatibility breaker commits are
now allowed in trunk. I've already committed some such
changes, stepping up legacy level and dropping old stuff
marked for removal in previous versions.

Users of nightly builds and SVN trunk source please be
aware about above and use it more carefully than in last
6 months. It may break your build or apps. Stick with
stable release if in doubt.

To retrofit fixes to 3.0.0 for possible 3.0.1 bugfix release,
commit to this source tree:
svn co https://harbour-project.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/harbour-project/branches/harbour-3.0

I hope this release will serve the community well and I'd
like to thank everyone contributing to create this new release.

Viktor

eager

Jul 17, 2011, 4:58:45 PM7/17/11
to harbou...@googlegroups.com, harbou...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations! And many thanks to you & all contributors.
Abe.

Fernando Athayde

Jul 17, 2011, 6:07:43 PM7/17/11
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot, you guys are amazing

Best regards,
Fernando Athayde

De: eager <abe....@gmail.com>
Para: harbou...@googlegroups.com
Cc: harbou...@googlegroups.com
Enviadas: Domingo, 17 de Julho de 2011 17:58:45
Assunto: [harbour] Re: Harbour 3.0.0 released

Mario H. Sabado

Jul 17, 2011, 11:16:45 PM7/17/11
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks to all the people who made this release possible, most specially to Viktor and Przemek and to all contributors.  Your great works are very much appreciated in bringing this compiler into another milestone.

Best regards,
Mario

Massimo Belgrano

Jul 18, 2011, 3:15:19 AM7/18/11
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Compliment

2011/7/18 Mario H. Sabado <mhsa...@gmail.com>:

--
Massimo Belgrano

Delta Informatica S.r.l. (http://www.deltain.it/) (+39 0321 455962)
Analisi e sviluppo software per Lan e Web -  Consulenza informatica - Formazione

Francesco Saverio Giudice

Jul 18, 2011, 4:42:19 AM7/18/11
to harbou...@googlegroups.com, harbou...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Viktor and all for your efforts.

Best Regards,
Francesco

Il 17/07/2011 20.43, Viktor Szakáts ha scritto:
> Hi All,
>
> After more than 1.5 years of strong development and 3600 commits,
> stable Harbour 3.0.0 version has been tagged and source packages
> released. Binaries will follow, I will upload universal Windows package
> as soon as it will be ready. For other platforms, I'm asking volunteers
> to make the packages and upload them to sf.net file area.

[...]

Antonio Linares

Sep 7, 2011, 8:28:58 AM9/7/11
to Harbour Developers
Viktor and others,

Would it be possible to list the most important changes and
enhancements from Harbour 2.1 to 3.0 ? Thanks

Antonio

On Jul 18, 10:42 am, Francesco Saverio Giudice <i...@fsgiudice.com>
wrote:
> Thank you Viktor and all for your efforts.
>
> Best Regards,
> Francesco
>
> Il 17/07/2011 20.43, Viktor Szakáts ha scritto:> Hi All,
>
> > After more than 1.5 years of strong development and 3600 commits,
> > stableHarbour3.0.0 version has been tagged and source packages

Viktor Szakáts

Sep 7, 2011, 10:28:50 AM9/7/11
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Antonio,

I don't have personal time/interest for that, as I wrote previously.
Unfortunately nobody else was starting from 2.0 which I processed
only partially.

The ChangeLog is there though with all the precise details (including
incompatibility markups and migrations notes), so anyone with
dedication and some familiarity with Harbour can summarize it.

For me, summarizing these ~3500 entries would take take at
least a full week. The current structure of the summary can be
found in /NEWS doc.

It would indeed be useful for users, so I'm passing this to other
contributors. If something is not clear in ChangeLog, or a review
is needed, I can jump in.

Viktor

Massimo Belgrano

Sep 7, 2011, 11:54:54 AM9/7/11
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Possible do a macro for each library

Complete Revised hbqt rewriteen and made simplification
      Now any event fired by the Qt itself, either via SIGNAL/SLOTS mechanism or QEvent_*      constants,   it supplies Harbour object instead of Qt pointer.
      This is a massive change and hence regression is expected

new hbmk2 flag :
   hbc for linking library

new os (symbian,iphone,android still incomplete)

Implemented new way of using HB_CURLOPT_HTTPPOST, now  all values are supported in any order and combination.

Moved in hbwin all windows only code (hbole)

Please will anybody reply to this mail with macromodification knowed

2011/9/7 Viktor Szakáts <harbo...@syenar.hu>

--
Massimo Belgrano

Viktor Szakáts

Sep 7, 2011, 12:16:50 PM9/7/11
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
> Implemented new way of using HB_CURLOPT_HTTPPOST, now all values are supported in any order and combination.

Finally this wasn't committed live because the patch
had a GPF flaw, which had never been addressed.

See:
   (and note the source filename, which was a temporary one)

> Moved in hbwin all windows only code (hole)

This was 2.0 change.

See:

In 3.0 there have been several OLE improvements, but
the infrastructure/layout didn't change.

IMO it will be very difficult (=impossible) to assemble this
change list by relying on memory and dev list discussions.

Viktor