Starting the attack to android

Massimo Belgrano

Aug 2, 2010, 5:21:48 AM8/2/10
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
On facebook page of harbour project is starting the attack to android
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=48795263775&ref=ts
Please join here and partecipate

1)Download ndk from http://developer.android.com/sdk/ndk/index.html
2)Install from http://www.cygwin.com/
3)add location of cygwin1.dll to PATH environment variable.
4)change the valiable : ANDROID_NDK_ROOT
you can find it in your System properties->Advanced->Environment Variables.
For example, if Cygwin was installed into c:\cygwin and Android NDK to
c:\devl\androidndk, type in command line:

PATH=c:\cygwin\bin;%PATH%
set ANDROID_NDK_ROOT=c:\devl\androidndk
cd c:\devl\androidndk\build\prebuilt\windows\arm-eabi-4.2.1\bin
arm-eabi-gcc --version

Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
Good info froim official ndk group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-ndk?hl=en

--
Massimo Belgrano

Massimo Belgrano

Aug 2, 2010, 4:54:23 PM8/2/10
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
A good result attacched

2010/8/2 Massimo Belgrano <mbel...@deltain.it>

--
Massimo Belgrano

harbour android.jpg

francesco perillo

Aug 2, 2010, 5:11:34 PM8/2/10
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
From my office pc I cliecked on the facebook link and I could view the
page. I can't from my home pc. This is probably because someone used
my office pc to browse his/her facebook account and it may still have
the cookie on it...

I'm not a facebook subscriber....

anyway, this morning I could not find references to this project on
the facebook page... and now your screenshot shows "fivetech"....

Viktor Szakáts

Aug 2, 2010, 5:18:43 PM8/2/10
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
It would be nice to see the discussion/development here,
instead of facebook. Can't see anything more on the facebook
link.

Viktor

> <harbour android.jpg>

Massimo Belgrano

Aug 2, 2010, 5:21:04 PM8/2/10
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
IMO may be a dns problem, try navigation filtered from  http://anonymouse.org/anonwww.html

2010/8/2 francesco perillo <fper...@gmail.com>

--
Massimo Belgrano

Massimo Belgrano

Aug 2, 2010, 5:25:20 PM8/2/10
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
....Now You love android as argument.(?!?)
This porting is a works made by Antonio Linares
It have have Used facebook for chat & share same result

2010/8/2 Viktor Szakáts <harbo...@syenar.hu>

--
Massimo Belgrano

Qatan

Aug 2, 2010, 5:25:22 PM8/2/10
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
+1

Qatan

Viktor Szakáts

Aug 2, 2010, 5:29:28 PM8/2/10
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
It's not DNS problem, there is simply no related content
on your topic besides the two posts repeated here.

What should we see?

Viktor

Viktor Szakáts

Aug 2, 2010, 5:31:12 PM8/2/10
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
> ....Now You love android as argument.(?!?)

What do you mean exactly?

> This porting is a works made by Antonio Linares
> It have have Used facebook for chat & share same result

Do you think we can see your privat chat?

Viktor

francesco perillo

Aug 2, 2010, 6:07:14 PM8/2/10
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 11:31 PM, Viktor Szakáts <harbo...@syenar.hu> wrote:
>> ....Now You love android as argument.(?!?)
>
> What do you mean exactly?

I think that he would really like that you started working on the
port.... well, me too.... it would fill that 128-134 gap ;-)

Francesco
PS: the promised android-based phone will not arrive soon.... I'm back
with a S60... what about a port to symbian ???? :-)

Viktor Szakáts

Aug 2, 2010, 6:24:10 PM8/2/10
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
>>> ....Now You love android as argument.(?!?)
>>
>> What do you mean exactly?
>
> I think that he would really like that you started working on the
> port.... well, me too.... it would fill that 128-134 gap ;-)

:)

Android is running a slightly modified Linux, and
compiler tools are familiar GCC, so the challenge
factor doesn't look very high here. It rather looks
like 'adding support' for the platform at this point,
rather then a new port.

Also, last time I checked there weren't any meaningful
components that would help develop anything interesting
on Android, f.e. the UI was only accessible from Java.

Then comes Massimo every second month and asks again
about an Android port without telling anything new
about the development of the platform/NDK.

> Francesco
> PS: the promised android-based phone will not arrive soon.... I'm back
> with a S60... what about a port to symbian ???? :-)

I'm still using ages old Nokia S40 platform and
plan to switch to iPhone4. BTW, if someone sends me
an Android phone to play with, I promise to make a
port ;) [ yes, I know it runs in an emulator too. ]

Viktor

Antonio Maniero

Aug 2, 2010, 6:24:41 PM8/2/10
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Francesco
PS: the promised android-based phone will not arrive soon.... I'm back
with a S60... what about a port to symbian ???? :-)

+1 for android port
+ 100 for Symbian port :-)

[]'s Maniero

francesco perillo

Aug 2, 2010, 6:52:53 PM8/2/10
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
> Android is running a slightly modified Linux, and
> compiler tools are familiar GCC, so the challenge
> factor doesn't look very high here. It rather looks
> like 'adding support' for the platform at this point,
> rather then a new port.

Yes, for text-mode programs shouldn't be a big problem... android is
actually a fork of linux, and then google did crippled bits of it...
there was a "flame" on this matter last year... what about
multitasking, threads, keyboard ? Gestures ? (does android has
gestures???)

> Also, last time I checked there weren't any meaningful
> components that would help develop anything interesting
> on Android, f.e. the UI was only accessible from Java.

About one year ago I read about the possibility to develop in
languages other than Java, but I never had the time to read more...
It seems that Antonio had some success in running harbour on android,
in text-mode for the moment...

Unfortunately Qt is not supported on Android :-) but porting from
android/iPhone to Qt on symbian is encouraged on nokia site....
http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Qt_Quick_examples_for_porting

Francesco

Viktor Szakáts

Aug 2, 2010, 7:05:41 PM8/2/10
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
>> Android is running a slightly modified Linux, and
>> compiler tools are familiar GCC, so the challenge
>> factor doesn't look very high here. It rather looks
>> like 'adding support' for the platform at this point,
>> rather then a new port.
>
> Yes, for text-mode programs shouldn't be a big problem... android is
> actually a fork of linux, and then google did crippled bits of it...
> there was a "flame" on this matter last year... what about

Yes, read about it.

> multitasking, threads, keyboard ? Gestures ? (does android has
> gestures???)

It surely has these, but I believe that they are not
(or not all) available from C code. Java is the primary
app dev language, and while C is possible, you can access
only a small subset of functionality (at least last time
I checked quickly).

Anyhow I'd be great if someone did real reading about
it and come back to the list with useful information.
I don't have time for it and guessing is really useless.

>> Also, last time I checked there weren't any meaningful
>> components that would help develop anything interesting
>> on Android, f.e. the UI was only accessible from Java.
>
> About one year ago I read about the possibility to develop in
> languages other than Java, but I never had the time to read more...
> It seems that Antonio had some success in running harbour on android,
> in text-mode for the moment...

Nice experiment, I hope we can see more about it.

> Unfortunately Qt is not supported on Android :-) but porting from
> android/iPhone to Qt on symbian is encouraged on nokia site....
> http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Qt_Quick_examples_for_porting

Yes, we're back to square one with iOS/Android and the GUI.

Viktor

Massimo Belgrano

Aug 2, 2010, 7:07:17 PM8/2/10
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
2010/8/3 francesco perillo <fper...@gmail.com>

Yes, for text-mode programs shouldn't be a big problem... android is
actually a fork of linux, and then google did crippled bits of it...
there was a "flame" on this matter last year... what about
multitasking, threads, keyboard ? Gestures ? (does android has
gestures???)

Yes
Is a Platform with feature very similar to iphone-os
multi-touch,Multi  Thread,Push mail with exchange or gmail
Flash 10.1 , USB tethering,d a text-to-speech engine
and google navigation free to use

About one year ago I read about the possibility to develop in
languages other than Java, but I never had the time to read more...
It seems that Antonio had some success in running harbour on android,
in text-mode for the moment...
Each relase of ndk give more feature available

Unfortunately Qt is not supported on Android :-) but porting from
android/iPhone to Qt on symbian is encouraged on nokia site....
http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Qt_Quick_examples_for_porting
 Francesco
Seem that BogDan have same intresting result
http://www.channels.com/episodes/8893679

--
Massimo Belgrano

Massimo Belgrano

Aug 2, 2010, 7:49:08 PM8/2/10
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Hello World C program using Android Toolchain
http://android-tricks.blogspot.com/2009/02/hello-world-c-program-on-using-android.html

--
Massimo Belgrano