Big problem with harbour-wince

Jarosław Kądzioła

Dec 2, 2010, 6:24:56 AM12/2/10
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

I have a big problem with the harbour application for windows ce. My application works
seamlessly on PDAs running Windows Mobile 2003 and Windows Mobile 5 but it has big problems
on PDAs with newer systems: Windows Mobile 6 and Windows Mobile 6.5. The situation is repeated
on the emulator above-mentioned systems.
Generally speaking, there is a problem with creating, writing and reading databases and indexes.

If anyone has similar problems?

Regards
Jaroslaw Kadziola

Massimo Belgrano

Dec 2, 2010, 6:39:56 AM12/2/10
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
i have a customer with a small application for htc tytn (win 6 get from xdadeveloper)
compiled with svn harbour of half year ago
Can you reproduce a sample to try ?

no backwards compatibility for Windows Phone 7

2010/12/2 Jarosław Kądzioła <kadz...@tlen.pl>

--
Massimo Belgrano

Jarosław Kądzioła

Dec 2, 2010, 8:37:17 AM12/2/10
to Massimo Belgrano
Hi Massimo,

>i have a customer with a small application for htc tytn (win 6 get from xdadeveloper)
>compiled with svn harbour of half year ago
>Can you reproduce a sample to try ?

Of course, but not now. At evening. Thanks for quick reply.

--
Regards
Jaroslaw Kadziola mailto:kadz...@tlen.pl

Jaroslaw Kadziola

Dec 3, 2010, 4:56:21 AM12/3/10
to Massimo Belgrano
Hi all ,

MB> i have a customer with a small application for htc tytn (win 6 get from
MB> xdadeveloper)
MB> compiled with svn harbour of half year ago
MB> Can you reproduce a sample to try ?

Matter is not simple because the errors occur in different places and there are
no rules for their occurrence. But i managed to prepare one certain behavior.
What is strange program behaves in this way in a larger version
('test1.prg'),while the same part of the cut and compiled as
separate application ('test2.prg')works fine and the database 'dane.dbf' is created.
In the first case ('test1.prg') i get error 'DOS Error 87' (see attach 'snag-0047.jpg')
and database 'dane.dbf' is created but its structure looks like in the attached image
'Snag-0048.jpg'.
As i wrote in previous mail, this behavior does not occur in older versions of
Windows Mobile (5 and 2003 SE).
Because it is part of my major program written using FWPPC based on
the harbour,much depends on Your help for me.

Thanks in advance

--
Regards,
Jaroslaw Kadziola