Talia sent these to me directly by accident instead of here at the
group, so I'll cut and paste them:
Just omit oil or sub water in the following:
Linda's 3 Bean Salad
1 15.5 oz can of chickpeas
1 15.5 oz can of pink beans, kidney beans, or red beans
1 14.5 oz can of cut green beans
1/2 red onion, diced small or 3 small shallots, sliced very thin
5 cloves of garlic, diced small
1/2 cup olive oil (water)
1/4 cup tarragon, cider or red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine all 3 cans of beans in a large bowl or container.
2. Dice onion/shallots and garlic; mix into the bean mixture.
3. Pour the oil and vinegar over the salad.
4. Add all the spices.
5. Mix very well.
6. Taste to determine if more oil, vinegar or spices are needed.
7. Serve immediately or, for better flavor, marinate in the fridge
until it's time to eat.
(using plain unsweetened rice milk)