Happiness Is... Putting Things In Motion

Think_n_See

Aug 9, 2005, 1:34:20 PM8/9/05
to Happiness Group
I get interested in a few different things, like 'here is something
that I can get for this friend,' or 'here is a way that I can make my
car better,' and I make a few phonecalls, and then... I write notes to
myself to follow up on the phonecalls. But sometimes I forget to
follow up. But, you know, often it still works out because you've put
something in motion - because you've made two calls to different people
to get their views on something, the next day, one of them will call
you back (when you least expect it), and VOILA!

You have put things into motion. I love putting things into motion
because then, yes, it's a little like juggling, and it's also like
serendipity, like things working even when you're not 100% on them.
It's like you started rolling the ball down a long flat frictionless
surface, like a long flat Texas highway, and it keeps going and going.

Think_n_See

Aug 9, 2005, 1:35:12 PM8/9/05
to Happiness Group
Maybe more specifically:

Happiness is hearing back on things that you've successfully put in
motion.

Think_n_See

Aug 9, 2005, 1:39:09 PM8/9/05
to Happiness Group
I think I also mean by this set of postings that you can't make one
bet, and babysit it, and watch and wait for it to hatch - if you throw
a long string of possibilities out to the wind, the wind will bring
some of them back ten-, twenty-, a million-fold.

And... the fascinating thing is that you don't know which one, which
ones - so you throw a lot of them out.

There's you, and the there's the rest of the world. You can anticipate
all you want and make all the expectations you want about how the world
works, but the only thing you can really affect is what you are like to
the world - and then the parts of the world to whom you makes sense -
those parts will find you.

Throw the net wide, reap the wind's full sail of choices.

da5zeay

Aug 9, 2005, 3:03:53 PM8/9/05
to Happiness Group
Great post! I've been thinking about that too...sending a message out
into the world, maybe more than one, and seeing what comes back is
absolutely cool.

I think a lot of the time I used to worry about sending out the
**right** message, or the **correct** message, or the **optimal**
message, and this would keep me from broadcasting in the first place.
Recently I've come to realize (like TnS says) that you never know
what's going to hit, so you might as well just broadcast YOURSELF, as
**simply and authentically** as you can. By broadcast, that means
sending your station identification too, and providing an invitation
with good directions so opportunity can find its way back to you!

Not to take the fun out of waiting for eggs to hatch though...when a
special egg DOES hatch, that is also very cool and exciting! But like
TnS says, having lots of eggs means that there's more probability that
you'll get to see it happen in the first place. I'm not sure how I
would feel about a guaranteed hatching egg.