Today in Happiness...

da5zeay

Mar 14, 2005, 2:51:49 PM3/14/05
to happine...@googlegroups.com
I can't remember where I saw this, but I did!
http://betterlife.blogs.com/betterlife/2005/03/what_makes_you_.html
"What makes you happy?", video blogged! The camera person follows
people around an office and asks.

Also, Keita Takahashi, designer of the 2005 GDC Choice Award in Game
Design, said this at
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/11/news_6120232.html

"I would like to do something that makes people happy," Takahashi
revealed. Betraying a clear sense of progressive-minded idealism,
Takahashi wondered aloud if making people smile, even if only for brief
periods of time, could help prevent negative behaviors, such as
fighting and racial discrimination.

smilingbear

Mar 23, 2005, 5:16:28 PM3/23/05
to happine...@googlegroups.com
Today in Happiness...

At Starbucks, a girl behind the counter asked me, "Do you prefer the
bold and the mild?"

I said, "That sounds like a soap opera."

She laughed and spilled the coffee, a little.

I can't say happiness is spilled coffee. But making someone
unexpectedly laugh, that kind of is.

Think_n_See

Mar 23, 2005, 6:11:42 PM3/23/05
to happine...@googlegroups.com
That's a very poetic entry, very cool.

da5zeay

Mar 24, 2005, 10:06:01 AM3/24/05
to happine...@googlegroups.com
I got this in today's "betterlifemedia" email:

"In your own interactions, look for opportunities to give small gifts
to others out of the blue -- maybe a funny little trinket, a hug, or an
offer to grab a cup of coffee. Even a smile can be an unexpected and
cherished gift. Consider unexpected sharingas well. What books,
articles, or stories could you send someone that would positively
influence his or her day?"

-Tom Rath, Professional Development Consultant and Bestselling Author,
How Full Is Your Bucket?