Question... "What's your motto?"

Think_n_See

Feb 16, 2005, 10:56:34 PM2/16/05
to happine...@googlegroups.com

What's your motto? What's something you say to yourself often about
how you live life?

---
My main one: "Live cleanly"
Also: "You can't choreograph the world"

The first one means to me no drama, no worries, no build-up, just pure,
simple, there. Live like every action is public news. Like every
action is finished once I complete it, and can drop away freely. Like
every action is efficient, direct, real, believable, and mine. Live
cleanly. (I said this to myself once when driving for three hours, and
it really made sense to me as my thing. Um... as for my long
explanation of this... live cleanly also means using fewer, more
compact words - but as they say in the last line of Some Like It Hot,
"Nobody's perfect.")
----

What's your motto?

Weird_Coyote

Feb 17, 2005, 6:36:03 PM2/17/05
to happine...@googlegroups.com
I tend to often mutter to myself "Whatever happens, I can deal with it"

While it isn't great grammer or english, it reinforces the fact that I
can cope and still come out of top of anything that life throws my way.
It's motivating to DO things or have life events thrust upon you,
knowing that there is always something that can be done, even if it
means doing nothing. Yes, I know that doesn't make sense but who here
thinks in a straight line? eh?

Other good ones are:
Other people constantly surprise me. (People constantly behave in ways
that it never occurred to me they would)
Be optimistic, be yourself, and at times, be absurdly mischievous
You live and learn. At any rate, you live. -Douglas Adams

da5zeay

Feb 19, 2005, 1:26:08 AM2/19/05
to happine...@googlegroups.com
I never thought of making my own motto. That would be cool and
proactive, maybe even optimistic! I have a collection of principles,
but haven't formed them into a spearhead of sorts... hm!

da5zeay

Feb 21, 2005, 2:16:45 AM2/21/05
to happine...@googlegroups.com
I think I got it:

"Know who you are"
and
"You can do anything you set your mind to"

The path to realization occured tonight during a late night drive. I
jotted it down here:

http://davidseah.com/archives/2005/02/21/midnight-epiphany-on-the-i-95/

Warning...it's rather long and introspective.

Rarelle

Feb 24, 2005, 10:07:30 PM2/24/05
to happine...@googlegroups.com
My motto started out as sort of a mantra when I was soul searching
a number of years back: Perfect love and perfect trust.

I believe that love starts from the desire to have a positive
exchange of energies. To take that a step further the exchange
happens because I believe and allow the universe to put me in
exactly the right place at the right time.

When I am anxious about something I will literally chant this
to myself until the tension eases and then let the worry go.

It still amazes me how well it works.

Wall_Of_Optimism

Feb 27, 2005, 11:03:09 PM2/27/05
to happine...@googlegroups.com
Well, it's not quite a motto, but a way I try to remind myself to live
in the 'now' rather than in the 'what could/will be':

If you want a certain thing,
You must first be a certain person.
Once you are that certain person,
Obtaining that certain thing