Happiness is Endorphins

1 view

Aspiring_Poet

Oct 19, 2005, 6:22:41 AM10/19/05
to Happiness Group
The only way to enact endorphins is through physical activity.
Happiness is the feeling after physical activity; the feeling of being
sore after a hard game is the cost of happiness.

Doesn't that mean there is a price on happiness?

da5zeay

Oct 20, 2005, 10:52:13 AM10/20/05
to Happiness Group
Maybe it's not so much a price, but a value! The work you put into
being happy imparts value to the happiness you receive! So if you work
a lot on being happy, your happiness is worth at least that much! Not
that you can really cash it in, but yeah!

Whereas, if you were just happy because you took a pill, then what's
the value of that? Especially after the pill wears off?

Atomic-brain

Oct 24, 2005, 9:03:18 PM10/24/05
to Happiness Group
Well team activities also are just kinda funner but that may be only to
some people. But not all physical activities always give nice
endorphins as I learned on my several mile jog today.... BUT SWIMMING
ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So remember swimming releases endorphins ALOT
OF THEM! so be sure to swim sometime soon exspecially if you like
freedom for thats the closest thing other than space to total 3
dimensional freedom. Land you have only 2 dimensional motion water is 3
dimensions so its freedom to me which I highly value which may be why I
also feel good to be right and free alot I love bieng able to do what I
want and water exept for the air limit is what that gives me.

Think_n_See

Nov 23, 2005, 3:53:05 PM11/23/05
to Happiness Group
Happiness is the feeling after, and during!, a physical activity.

da5zeay

Nov 24, 2005, 2:04:33 PM11/24/05
to Happiness Group
When I'm super happy, I feel it bubbling in my belly, like a simmering
pot of really good soup. And then it rises up out of the belly and
activates the arms and legs, so I am feeling springy. Then it shoots
out of my eyes, I think...my eyes widen I'm pretty sure when this
happens, and waves and waves of good feeling pour out. I wonder if
those are endorphins?

When I'm playing sports (which admittedly isn't as often as I like), I
feel kind of a overall evenness of contentment. BUt that might be
something else. I'm not sure if I know what endorphins feel like!

Atomic-ideas

Nov 25, 2005, 8:40:04 PM11/25/05
to Happiness Group
I do I was on a 30 mile bike trip one weekend (used to do them every
weekend but I quit a month or two ago) (also this was a year ago) and
when I was half way through I was turning to go back (15 miles on way
15 back) and I slowed and filled this big rush of contentness wash over
me like I was falling into it (or vice versa) like a drug. It is a
unique fellling much better than the adrenaline rush of a 1000 lb tree
falling on you, you running an dropping the chain saw as the tree falls
on it (luckly it only got the blade and it happened today). So
endorphins are like drugs but better cause you know you earned them and
they lift all worries for a while.

Think_n_See

Nov 27, 2005, 9:04:57 PM11/27/05
to Happiness Group