Question... "What events in your industry do you look forward to?"

Think_n_See

Aug 7, 2005, 11:02:27 PM8/7/05
to Happiness Group

I was talking with a friend of mine today, and he said something really
great. He's a film journalist, and he reviews movies. He said that he
always looks forward to a new good movie coming out. And I really
liked hearing that because it encompassed so much about his profession:
that he likes sharing the good movies that are coming out with his
friends, that he is excited when all that work going into making an
incredible movie is realized successfully, and that he likes for good
movies to do well for their directors and teams at the box office. It
just sounded like a great mix of so many things.

In my industry, what events do I look forward to?
I look forward to summarizing discussions, and, although it happens
only a couple of times a year, putting things onto video. Mainly: I
look forward to asking questions. I love asking questions. I can't
get enough of asking questions. People are experts in so many fields
and have such varied ways of looking at the world that I really enjoy
asking about what's important to them in detail. I like asking
specifics. I like asking why's. The more detail I get in response, by
far the better!

da5zeay

Aug 8, 2005, 1:49:30 AM8/8/05
to Happiness Group
I was stumped at first, because I realized I didn't know what industry
I was in! So I have just decided that I'm defining my own new industry
that sits somewhere between consulting, writing, and graphics. There
may even be an actual name for it, but danged if I know what it's
called. SPeaking of film, I imagine the role as being sort of like
being a director in a film, except that the film is actually what
you're living! I want to be a fantastic director.

Anyway, the things I look forward to are getting together with people
and finding out what their stories are: where they've been, what
they're doing and why, and what happens. I'm there to make all that
stuff clear and see the stories to the end. Any chance I get to be able
to relate people to other people, ideas, solutions, challenges,
mysteries, insight, and what have you...things of relevance...I love
that. Then being able to write about it, show it, communicate it...I
love that too! I love being buried by detail and finding the big themes
that are so big they're hard to see. I love finding the small details
that are linchpins of an enterprise, knowing just how to apply them so
everything holds together. I like to be able to take people and show
them my perspective, both the macro and micro views, and see them make
the connection for the first time. That to me is the absolute best.