Obama’s Leading | Medvedev (Russia) | Sc Excursus | Big Sur | Bodied

1 view

Frank Kalder

May 7, 2008, 2:52:13 AM5/7/08
to HAPLIF BLOGGING - international [worldwide] {haplifnet}
- - regular posting disabled | trying later again --

M. K. ~ e-glob, Washington, DC
> Frank Kalder ~ GLOBAL HAPLIFNET
~ http://haplifnet.blogspot.com [US+EU Community]
- transatlantic daily -

. Obama / Clinton (US Democrats)

(May 6) Barack Obama won the North Carolina Democratic primary, a
victory that he said put him close to securing the Democratic
nomination, as Hillary Clinton held on to a lead in Indiana.

Obama extended his lead in the Democratic presidential nomination race
with his victory in North Carolina, which had the bigger trove of
delegates available today. Clinton's margin in Indiana was about two
percentage points, not enough to let her keep up with Obama. …
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=ahSVMR9K5cIE&refer=home

Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, in Raleigh, N.C.:
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/05/06/us/07obama05_600.jpg

The country’s economic condition was listed as the chief concern of
the Democratic primary voters. About 9 in 10 voters in Indiana and 8
in 10 voters in North Carolina said the economic slowdown had affected
their family at least somewhat.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/07/us/politics/07elect.html?_r=1&pagewanted=2&ref=us&oref=slogin

More in German: http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/0,1518,551895,00.html

. Russia

Vladimir Putin of Russia moves out of the president's office today and
into the prime minister's job. […]

Medvedev comes from what many Russians would consider as the
intelligentsia. His father was a physics professor at the Leningrad
Technical Institute and his mother was a high school teacher of
Russian language and literature. Initially at least, Medvedev will
need Putin, if for no other reason than to protect his flank from
being undermined by some of the siloviki (law and order types) who
have been brought to Moscow and into the Kremlin by Putin. They think
of themselves as the rightful heirs who should have been selected to
take over Putin's office and resent Medvedev's selection. […]

It may be premature to say "Russia is back" but Putin has certainly
moved it in that direction and either with or without Putin's help -
unless Medvedev stumbles badly -he will use Gazprom and the country's
petroleum companies much as Putin did to advance Russian national
interests. That may be good for Russia, but not necessarily for the
rest of us. http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2008/05/07/with_medvedev_russia_looks_like_its_back

. Sciences Excursus | Humanism Context

Speculations ▪ Hypotheses ▪ Theories ▪ Knowledge

http://groups.google.com/group/HAPLIF-BLOGGING_Deutsch/msg/928a5a0454dfadcd
& http://bb.focus.de/focus/p=Kontemporaerer+Humanismus+Humanitaet+und+Ethik-1291877-#1291877

. Renaissance

> > [...]
>
> Couldn't find any, which of the links?

I meant the links to the stories dealing with the three renaissances
popes as well as Cesare and (his sister) Lucretia Borgia (both are
children of Pope Alexander VI), and Giulia Farnese; etc. Those photos
are embedded. I thought, although you may not be able to read and
understand the articles precisely, you might enjoy them, perhaps.

. Reading

> I am just now reading "The People of the Book".
>
> No popes but Torquemada appears as a Darth Vader.
> I'm saying these poor guys, these poor guys.
> The first guy I see is this dried out guy in a red skull cap.
> He's obviously got a magnificent headache based on his scowl.
> And then this fat guy with a gold cross on his t-shirt.
> When do I get my gold sequined t-shirt.
> Seriously??????????????

. Big Sur

> > > Although I remember hearing about Esalen.
>
> > When riding from Los Angeles to San Francisco (on the #1)
> > I had an opportunity to step in and look around. Great ‘Big Sur’
> > location! http://www.esalen.org
>
> One of my most pleasant nights in California was in Big Sur.

I bet it was...! I was there only in daytime. Magnificent!

http://geography.berkeley.edu/programcourses/2003_Field_Pictures/SouthCoast/0312_BigSurHighway.jpg
http://commonmisadventures.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/big-sur-afternoon.jpg
http://www.redwoodhikes.com/Big%20Sur/Big%20Sur%20Bixby%20Bridge.jpg
http://jrabold.net/bigsur/loc/110_1022_loc0250.jpg
http://jrabold.net/bigsur/loc/110_1082_loc0797.jpg
http://www.deetjens.com/images/bigsur-coast-30.jpg

. Translations

> http://translate.google.com/translate_t?hl=en [...]
>
> I use it daily. Still it was over my head.

. Knowles & Williams

> I saw this video a few days ago on MTV and totally enjoyed it.
> You may as well,
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-qiZhOFQMQ

“Get Me Bodied” | Yeah, amazing - compact and stylish girl power...

Michelle Williams: http://www.michellewilliamsonline.com

“Solange Piaget Knowles (born June 24, 1986) is an American actress,
pop/R&B singer, songwriter, producer, model, and dancer. She is the
younger sister of R&B/soul singer Beyoncé Knowles…” (wikipedia)

Ciao, Frank
--
www.haplif.de & www.haplif.de/61820.html [politics & economics]
http://groups.google.com/group/HAPLIF-GOVERNANCE [global]