Gedit syntax highlighting

IvanK

Nov 17, 2007, 6:42:01 AM11/17/07
to Haml
I've recently updated to Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon, which comes with
gtksourceview2.0 and they a new syntax format. Anyway, I use gedit a
lot, so I made a quick highlighting for haml/sass, that work quite
well:

add haml/sass mime types to gnome

wget http://riznlog.com/assets/2007/11/9/rails.xml
sudo cp rails.xml /usr/share/mime/packages/rails.xml
sudo update-mime-database /usr/share/mime

and then put these syntax files in the language-specs folder of gedit

wget http://riznlog.com/assets/2007/11/9/gedit_rails_syntax.zip
sudo unzip gedit_rails_syntax.zip -d /usr/share/gtksourceview-2.0/
language-specs

Nathan Weizenbaum

Nov 18, 2007, 4:38:40 AM11/18/07
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Cool, I've added it to the syntax highlighting page. Thanks.

Christophe

Nov 19, 2007, 3:48:29 PM11/19/07
to Haml
Great, I've been trying to create those myself, but I'm not familiar
enough with Gedit and Haml yet to pull it off.

However, the link to the ZIP file is dead (404 error). Could you
repost your syntax files? Thanks in advance.

IvanK

Jan 13, 2008, 6:47:32 AM1/13/08
to Haml
I've moved the files to the haml group itself, (they were on a blog
hosted on dreamhost, and there have been some problems with it -
http://blog.dreamhost.com/2008/01/07/how-ruby-on-rails-could-be-much-better/)

so here's the new routine:

wget http://groups.google.com/group/haml/web/rails.xml

wget http://groups.google.com/group/haml/web/gedit_rails_syntax.zip

On Nov 17 2007, 1:42 pm, IvanK <IKe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've recently updated to Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon, which comes with
> gtksourceview2.0 and they a new syntax format. Anyway, I usegedita
> lot, so I made a quick highlighting for haml/sass, that work quite
> well:
>
> add haml/sass mime types to gnome
>
> wgethttp://riznlog.com/assets/2007/11/9/rails.xml
> sudo cp rails.xml /usr/share/mime/packages/rails.xml
> sudo update-mime-database /usr/share/mime
>
> and then put these syntax files in the language-specs folder ofgedit
>
> wgethttp://riznlog.com/assets/2007/11/9/gedit_rails_syntax.zip

Nathan Weizenbaum

Jan 13, 2008, 6:32:07 PM1/13/08
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Okay, I've updated the highlighting page.

Peter

Jan 26, 2008, 10:05:28 AM1/26/08
to Haml
I tried to install this, and everytinh went fine until the last
command: language-specs, which is unkown on my system (ubuntu gutsy)

Am i doing womething wrong? Did i perhaps deinstall something i need
here?

Nathan Weizenbaum

Jan 26, 2008, 2:38:54 PM1/26/08
to ha...@googlegroups.com
I think "language-specs" is just the last element of the path. Google
groups wraps things in a sometimes-awkward way.

Peter

Jan 26, 2008, 5:00:59 PM1/26/08
to Haml
doh!