CINCINNATI?

Jamie Lemon

Nov 3, 2011, 11:16:21 PM11/3/11
to Hairpin 'Pinups
For those who couldn't make it to Columbus: want to try another Ohio
pinup soon? Perhaps at Neons?

Karen

Nov 4, 2011, 11:51:53 AM11/4/11
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I'm further north right now, but in a few weeks I'll be in Cinci and
I'd absolutely love to meet up!

Kerry

Nov 4, 2011, 9:58:55 PM11/4/11
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I've only been to Neon's a few times--would they have indoor seating
available for us to congregate? I know they have the bar, and their
outdoor seating area is awesome, but I think it would be hard to sit
and have a conversation there. (Though it's been a while since I've
been there, so maybe I've forgotten how the interior looks.)

In any case, count me in.

KeLynn

Nov 5, 2011, 12:34:10 PM11/5/11
to Hairpin 'Pinups
There's an interior with a few couches and pool tables I
think....probably big enough for like 10 of us, but if there's more we
might have to go to a more indoor-centric bar? To be honest I'm
usually outside and the last time I was inside I was hammed on
Halloween shots so....

Jamie Lemon

Nov 5, 2011, 1:41:32 PM11/5/11
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Yeah good point, every time I end up at Neon's I'm outside (and
usually drunk/playing bocce ball). The upstairs is nice, but small.
What could some other options be? Should we keep it downtown? Or
venture into Mt. Adams, Clifton, or even Northern Kentucky?

Kerry

Nov 6, 2011, 10:30:33 PM11/6/11
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Arnold's has plenty of tables, plus a covered patio area, *and* they
have some good mixed drinks.

Jamie Lemon

Nov 7, 2011, 1:40:35 PM11/7/11
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Arnold's would be good, I haven't been there in ages! Does that work
for everyone? Let's pick a date... 18th or 19th of November? Early
December?

KeLynn

Nov 8, 2011, 4:58:33 PM11/8/11
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Nov 18th or 19th sounds good to me.

Jamie Lemon

Nov 10, 2011, 10:06:48 AM11/10/11
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Would the 18th work for everyone?
> > > have some good mixed drinks.- Hide quoted text -

KeLynn

Nov 15, 2011, 2:44:12 PM11/15/11
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I know I said the 18th already works for me, but I'm bumping this in
case other people missed it!

On Nov 10, 10:06 am, Jamie Lemon <jamie.carolyn.le...@gmail.com>

Jamie Lemon

Nov 15, 2011, 9:01:46 PM11/15/11
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Ahh I'm confused! Are we meeting up this Friday or rescheduling? Kerry
and Karen, where are yoooooou?

Kerry

Nov 15, 2011, 9:18:34 PM11/15/11
to Hairpin 'Pinups
This entire weekend is bad for me--retail schedule. Sorry, ladies.
Have fun!

Molly

Nov 19, 2011, 7:36:43 PM11/19/11
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Oh no! Did I miss the Pinup?!

Karen

Nov 20, 2011, 10:15:01 AM11/20/11
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Ah sorry everyone, I forgot to subscribe to the message! Rookie
mistake. If you all are having one again I'll absolutely try to make
it if I'm in town, which would be after mid-December.

Jamie Lemon

Nov 20, 2011, 2:35:41 PM11/20/11
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Pinup attempt #2!

So thoughts on mid-December?

DianaH

Nov 29, 2011, 3:09:51 PM11/29/11
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I live in Cleveland, but I'll be in Columbus Sunday night (Dec. 4) for
a concert...I don't suppose anyone would want to meet up for a drink
beforehand?

Molly

Jan 6, 2012, 4:59:05 PM1/6/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
BUMPING THIS SHIZ.

Come on, Ohio! Let's do this! Weekends are good for me! Neon's can be
too much (in terms of amounts of bodies) on weekends unless we get
there super early and guard a table with our lives (or sanction off
the upstairs). If there are only a few of us, I'm cool with something
like Highland as well. Open to suggestions! Cincinnati! Yeah!
Exclamation points!

Jamie Lemon

Jan 7, 2012, 5:59:57 PM1/7/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Thank goodness I checked my hairpin pinups message alerts today!

I agree with steering clear of Neon's since it's winter and I don't
want to be cramped inside or hang outside/have my winter coat smell
like a campfire. Here are my alternate bar suggestions:

*O'Bryon's Pub - I live close and could possibly reserve tables,
people always seem to do that for sports games and other events, so
why not for this?
*MOTR
*Hofbrauhaus (in Newport, which sucks, but I like their beer and
pretzels... plus abundant seating)

Never been to Highlands, so I'm game for that too!

KeLynn

Jan 12, 2012, 2:00:08 PM1/12/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I am up for whatever! Are you guys thinking after-work or weekend? I
am uncharacteristically busy the next few weekends so if I was in
charge of the choosing I would not choose those, BUT I'm sure once the
first pin-up happens it will explode into more awesomeness so I'm not
worried if I have to miss the first one!

KeLynn

Jan 12, 2012, 2:00:47 PM1/12/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Oh duh. I just saw you say weekends were good for you. Don't mind me
and my poor reading comprehension skills....

Jamie Lemon

Jan 12, 2012, 10:27:24 PM1/12/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I work downtown and would be game for happy hours or other post-work
activities!

KeLynn

Jan 23, 2012, 2:48:57 PM1/23/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
OK guys. Let's get off our butts.

Since it seems like there's only a handful of people in Cincinnati so
I think we could all just show up at a bar and find a place to hang
out together, I don't think there's enough of us that we would have to
call ahead anything.

Anyone up for a post-work drink next week on Tues or Thurs?

Jamie Lemon

Jan 24, 2012, 12:20:28 PM1/24/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Thursday would be best for me - any happy hour in particular? I'd
prefer a downtown/OTR or Hyde Park location...

KeLynn

Jan 25, 2012, 1:51:40 PM1/25/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Thursday's fine with me. Anyone else want to weigh in on downtown/OTR
vs Hyde Park?

Molly Lacy

Jan 27, 2012, 1:38:13 PM1/27/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I'm down for downtown, whenever. LET'S DO THIS LADIES!

Lisa

Jan 27, 2012, 1:53:53 PM1/27/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
oh DEAR did you guys meet up last night?? I'm new in town, know
virtually no one, and last night I was sitting around thinking gosh I
wish I had something do to! :(
Well, I'll be sure to pay better attention for next time!

Katy Cosse

Jan 27, 2012, 1:55:37 PM1/27/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I'm so glad they posted this on the main page!

Hi everyone! I'm another Cincy Hairpin-reader. Totally in for a Pinup
next week. Thursday downtown/OTR would be awesome for me, but since
I'm jumping in late, I'm flexible to what you guys decide.

Molly Lacy

Jan 27, 2012, 2:07:39 PM1/27/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I don't think we did? At least, I didn't check it until today. We
discussed Neon's before, and I think on a Thursday around happy hour
should be pretty chill? That is, if Thursday is still cool with
everyone.

KeLynn

Jan 29, 2012, 2:11:45 PM1/29/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I thought I replied to this but for some reason it's not appearing
here, so if I'm accidentally posting twice or accidentally emailed
someone privately, forgive me...
We did not meet yet! We are meeting this Thursday (2/2). I saw Neons
mentioned a few times, is that cool with everybody? What time? I work
goofy hours (but flexible ones, so I can leave whenever) so I have no
concept of what a regular happy hour time is. 5:30? 6?

Lisa

Jan 30, 2012, 2:47:14 PM1/30/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Thursday is perfect for me - I have the day off and no plans (so any
time works too). Just say the where and when and I'll be there!

Katy Cosse

Jan 31, 2012, 9:06:51 AM1/31/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
5:30 at Neon's works for me!

Jamie Lemon

Jan 31, 2012, 9:52:54 AM1/31/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Yay the Cincinnati 'Pinup is finally happening!

Thursday works for me but I'll be a little late - 6:30 or so.

Molly Lacy

Jan 31, 2012, 6:22:51 PM1/31/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Yay! 5:30 at Neon's! I will be there!

KeLynn

Feb 2, 2012, 11:02:27 AM2/2/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
It has occurred to me that we don't know what each other looks like
and we didn't reserve a spot or anything, so it might be hard for the
first couple people to find each other. FWIW, this is what I'm wearing
today: black jacket, red/blue patterned shirt, red purse, hair in a
bun.

If anyone else wants to give clues on how to identify yourselves, that
would be helpful!

On Jan 31, 6:22 pm, Molly Lacy <mollyjo.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yay! 5:30 at Neon's! I will be there!
>
> On Jan 31, 9:52 am, Jamie Lemon <jamie.carolyn.le...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Yay theCincinnati'Pinup is finally happening!

Jamie Lemon

Feb 2, 2012, 1:04:03 PM2/2/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I'll be wearing a very bright red jacket and awkward high-water khaki
pants (really need to do laundry...). There's a chance I'll be running
late, depending on work, so everyone try to stick around until at
least 7!

Molly Lacy

Feb 2, 2012, 4:17:48 PM2/2/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I'll be wearing a bright green blazer, floral scarf, and I have a
pixie cut.

Lisa

Feb 2, 2012, 5:29:00 PM2/2/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
On my way! I'll be in a grey sweater and a red pea coat. See y'all
soon!

KeLynn

Feb 2, 2012, 5:47:52 PM2/2/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I'm here, I think I'm the first one...if anyone gets this email and
you are here too (5:47pm) and I just missed you, I'm at a table by the
front door inside.

Katy Cosse

Feb 3, 2012, 3:37:26 PM2/3/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I hope it went well! I'm sorry for missing last night -- the day
turned crazy with various work/family things and I couldn't make it.
If you guys want to schedule another one anytime soon, I'm still
definitely interested.

KeLynn

Feb 3, 2012, 3:54:47 PM2/3/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I'm definitely up for another one soon if you guys are! I had to leave
earlier than I would have liked.