Southern MA/Rhode Island Pinners?

Melissa

Feb 17, 2012, 9:06:10 PM2/17/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Getting into Boston can be tricky for me. Are there any pinners in
Southern MA or RI that would be interested in meeting up?

Anna F

Feb 20, 2012, 2:10:52 PM2/20/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Yes! Me! I'm moving back to RI from Miami in a couple weeks.

Kate MacBain

Feb 20, 2012, 3:06:17 PM2/20/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Me too! I'm in Newport.

Melissa

Feb 20, 2012, 9:08:55 PM2/20/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I'm in Bridgewater, it's only about 25 minutes from Providence, not
sure how far from Newport, but we should plan something for when Anna
is in RI and settled. It'll be fun!

Emily

Feb 21, 2012, 1:02:14 PM2/21/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I live in Lakeville, which is about 35 minutes northeast of
Providence, and would be down for a 'pinup.

Amanda

Feb 21, 2012, 4:08:28 PM2/21/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I'm in Coventry! Would totally be down for a Pinup.

Melissa

Feb 22, 2012, 9:06:57 PM2/22/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Would Providence be a good area for everyone to meet? I'm open to any
suggestions.

Victoria Weinstein

Feb 22, 2012, 10:03:02 PM2/22/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I'm interested! I'm on the south shore, an easy drive from
Providence.

Amanda

Feb 24, 2012, 3:11:05 PM2/24/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I personally would prefer not-Providence, but if that's the easiest
place for everyone else, I'm fine with it.

Nina Trumbo

Feb 25, 2012, 12:57:20 AM2/25/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Hi y'all, I'm going to be in Providence all of next week, so if you're
planning something I'd love to tag along. Or get coffee/drinks with
whoever's up for a quick hang out!

Melissa

Feb 25, 2012, 3:22:37 PM2/25/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I'm open to anywhere. Maybe Pawtucket or Taunton?

Amanda

Feb 28, 2012, 3:05:16 PM2/28/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Taunton would be good. Any other votes?

Katie

Feb 28, 2012, 3:24:29 PM2/28/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I'll be in Providence next week! Not sure where this Taunton place
is, but there aren't that many places in RI so I could probably make
it.

Melissa

Mar 1, 2012, 11:54:54 AM3/1/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Would next Saturday work for anyone? The 10th?

Rachel

Mar 4, 2012, 9:39:57 AM3/4/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Yeah! I want to come! 3/10 is good for me.

Amanda

Mar 4, 2012, 6:01:28 PM3/4/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I could also do 3/10!

Melissa

Mar 5, 2012, 9:14:15 PM3/5/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Sorry, I got my weekends mixed up and can't do the 10th. How about
the 17th or 24th?

Elise

Mar 6, 2012, 9:07:14 AM3/6/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I have literally never commented on a website in my life, but I live
in Providence, and this was too exciting. I have to spend part of the
day in Boston on Saturday, so I may miss this meet up, but I really
hope I can join in the next one if I can't come this time around! I
recently moved to RI,so I would be very thrilled to meet you all.

Amanda

Mar 6, 2012, 10:10:39 AM3/6/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
That's all right for me, Melissa -- either one is still good.

Rachel Mollicone

Mar 6, 2012, 10:13:28 AM3/6/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
either is good for me too

Melissa

Mar 7, 2012, 1:49:41 PM3/7/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
How about the 24th in Taunton? Any suggestions for a meetup spot? I
know of a place called Homeplate that has a big bar area, but I'm open
to anywhere.

On Mar 6, 10:13 am, Rachel Mollicone <rachel.mollic...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> either is good for me too

Elise

Mar 7, 2012, 5:24:47 PM3/7/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I'll be away on vacation (hallelujah), so will sadly miss this time
around. Hopefully there will be a second one that I can join in on!

Amanda

Mar 9, 2012, 5:21:45 PM3/9/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I'm totally not helpful. Anywhere is fine! I know jack about Taunton.
Homeplate's website looked interesting, though. And the 24th is A+
okay.

ajal...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2012, 11:54:14 AM3/13/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
I'm in Providence and would love to meet other 'Pinners! The 24th is fine with me.

Amelia

Amanda

Mar 17, 2012, 12:46:00 PM3/17/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Bump!

Anyone else in? Any more thoughts?

Amelia Allard

Mar 20, 2012, 2:59:32 PM3/20/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Amanda - Where are you coming from? I know you said not-Providence - just wondering why! It's the place I know the best. :)

Amelia

Amanda

Mar 20, 2012, 5:56:00 PM3/20/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Coventry! So it's not distance. I just hate driving/parking/finding
anything in Providence.

Amelia Allard

Mar 21, 2012, 10:53:53 AM3/21/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Oh okay! Well, if anyone is up for Providence I promise I will give you extraordinary directions and find you a great parking spot. I'd love to have a meetup at, say, The Avery or Julian's sometime...

Rachel Mollicone

Mar 21, 2012, 1:10:49 PM3/21/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
I'm pro providence too.

Amanda

Mar 21, 2012, 2:05:56 PM3/21/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Hey, I did say I would go to Providence if that was what everyone else
wanted to do! It's just not my first choice.

Melissa

Mar 22, 2012, 4:48:51 AM3/22/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I'm out for this meetup. My car died and I'm without transportation
until...um...I get a new car I guess?

Amelia Allard

Mar 22, 2012, 9:00:19 AM3/22/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Oh no Melissa! I hope it works out quickly & easily. Where are you? Would it be easier for us to meet up somewhere near you?

Amanda

Mar 22, 2012, 5:22:26 PM3/22/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I don't know if I can make it, either. My dad got taken to the
hospital today and I'm my mother's transportation. I have no idea
what's going on, how long he's staying, etc., so I might be able to
make it but I'd probably only know at the last minute. :| Life, eh?

Mal

Mar 22, 2012, 7:01:17 PM3/22/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Life, ugh. Amanda, that sounds really tough. Sending you all good
thoughts and stuff.

I'm in Providence, and can go anywhere ripta goes. :)

Rachel

Mar 22, 2012, 7:02:33 PM3/22/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
So where are we going?! I am gross and mostly go to Wild Colonial but
there are so many places

Amelia Allard

Mar 22, 2012, 7:39:44 PM3/22/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com

Oh Amanda, I'm sorry. So many good vibes headed your way. Hopefully we'll see you soon!

The Avery makes me feel fancy but doesn't require fanciness - I  love it there. The Wild Colonial is fine though! Or... Trinity? Or Tazza?

Amanda

Mar 22, 2012, 10:00:16 PM3/22/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Thanks, all! He's in the CCU at RI Hospital, so he's in good hands.
(That's what I get for saying I hate driving in Providence -- I had to
go twice today!) If he comes home tomorrow or Saturday morning, then
I'm back on. :)

On Mar 22, 7:39 pm, Amelia Allard <ajall...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh Amanda, I'm sorry. So many good vibes headed your way. Hopefully we'll
> see you soon!
>
> The Avery makes me feel fancy but doesn't require fanciness - I  love it
> there. The Wild Colonial is fine though! Or... Trinity? Or Tazza?

Melissa

Mar 23, 2012, 4:46:34 AM3/23/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I'm in Bridgewater so I can't get to Providence w/o a car :
( Hopefully getting a new one this weekend though!

I'm so sorry Amanda. Sending good thoughts to you and your family.

Rachel Mollicone

Mar 23, 2012, 10:21:41 AM3/23/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Everyone good with the Avery? 9?

TyrannosaurusWreck

Mar 23, 2012, 2:16:50 PM3/23/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I AM GOOD WITH ANYWHERE I AM SO EXCITED. I live in Providence! THIS IS
MY DREAM COME TRUE. I will do my utmost to come out.

On Mar 23, 10:21 am, Rachel Mollicone <rachel.mollic...@gmail.com>

Amanda

Mar 23, 2012, 4:29:25 PM3/23/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Thank you all again! I just brought him home, so I believe everything
is cool for Saturday!

9 at the Avery is fine with me. Anyone want to advise a suburbanite on
parking in the area?

On Mar 23, 2:16 pm, TyrannosaurusWreck <stegosaurus....@gmail.com>

Rachel Mollicone

Mar 23, 2012, 4:53:48 PM3/23/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Parking on the west side isn't bad at all, you'll probably find street parking nearby!

Amelia Allard

Mar 23, 2012, 5:47:49 PM3/23/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com

Yes! It's super easy, no meters, plenty of spots, and it's a busy little area so it's pretty safe.

How will we know who to talk to?

Mal

Mar 24, 2012, 11:46:44 AM3/24/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
9 at the Avery is awesome! And I second this question.

On Mar 23, 5:47 pm, Amelia Allard <ajall...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes! It's super easy, no meters, plenty of spots, and it's a busy little
> area so it's pretty safe.
>
> How will we know who to talk to?
> On Mar 23, 2012 4:54 PM, "Rachel Mollicone" <rachel.mollic...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Parking on the west side isn't bad at all, you'll probably find street
> > parking nearby!

Amanda

Mar 24, 2012, 5:43:45 PM3/24/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Wear nametags that say "I'M FROM THE INTERNET!"?

Can one of you Prov-based gals get there early enough to grab space for a bunch of us? (I say this as if Saturday night at 9 isn't busy.) Maybe be able to tell the bartender(s) to direct bewildered-looking people (i.e. me) to you?

Rachel Mollicone

Mar 24, 2012, 7:18:48 PM3/24/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Blerg Im not going to be able to make it after all.  Have fun!

Malika

Mar 24, 2012, 8:31:09 PM3/24/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I'll be there. I am... stripey and neon orange-flower-in-haired?

On Mar 24, 7:18 pm, Rachel Mollicone <rachel.mollic...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> read more »

Amanda

Mar 24, 2012, 8:41:20 PM3/24/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
I am parked outside nearby and walking over, if anyone is still checking! I'm wearing a blue-and-white patterned top and black pants and I have long hair. Hopefully I'm not too nondescript!

Amelia Allard

Mar 24, 2012, 10:45:07 PM3/24/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com

Aaaaargh, I'm sorry y'all, it's been a really dumb night and I couldn't make it. Please let's plan another and I'll be there. Weeknights are best for me! I hope y'all had fun at the lovely Avery.

Amanda

Mar 24, 2012, 11:26:51 PM3/24/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
I would do another one! I'm sorry you guys missed out. Was anyone else there? Malika and I were at the bar, we stayed until about 10:30.

On Saturday, March 24, 2012 10:45:07 PM UTC-4, Amelia Allard wrote:

Aaaaargh, I'm sorry y'all, it's been a really dumb night and I couldn't make it. Please let's plan another and I'll be there. Weeknights are best for me! I hope y'all had fun at the lovely Avery.

Melissa

Mar 25, 2012, 10:25:17 PM3/25/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I'm definitely in for the next one! The Avery looks like a cool place
so if you wanted to meet there again, I'm down.

svande...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2012, 5:21:44 PM9/4/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, any interest in another pinup?

I just moved back to Providence and need to burst my Brown bubble...

svande...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2012, 5:22:49 PM9/4/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, svande...@gmail.com
Or, if this conversation has moved elsewhere, please advise!

Message has been deleted

Melissa

Sep 10, 2012, 5:30:37 AM9/10/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups