The Great Saunter: A Mobile NYC Pinup

Tim Czerwienski

Jan 10, 2012, 12:16:54 PM1/10/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Interest was expressed in a recent thread (http://thehairpin.com/
2012/01/buy-a-plane-ticket#comment-183472) in participating in The
Great Saunter, a leisurely May 5 stroll around all 32 miles of
Manhattan's shoreline (http://shorewalkers.org/index.php?
option=com_content&view=article&id=77&Itemid=136).

I think it would be a great idea to do this as a gang! Consider this
the official thread for expressing interest, hashing out logistical
concerns wrt registration, and coordinating uniforms. (I don't believe
I suggested uniforms.)

A tip of the hat to, uh, atipofthehat for this delightful suggesstion.

Catherine

Jan 10, 2012, 9:22:43 PM1/10/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
This sounds lovely!

My manfriend is also interested in sauntering with 'Pinners, despite
the fact that he is not himself a 'Pinner. Sign us up.

John Thompson

Feb 2, 2012, 12:32:21 AM2/2/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
This is relevant to my interests! It'll be near the end of my semester
so I'm not sure exactly where I'll be, but I just moved to NYC and I
need to start saying Yes to social opportunities.

Erin D.

Feb 3, 2012, 2:41:34 PM2/3/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
This sounds lovely. I am in! Might even leave near some of the
official Sauntering area (Northern Manhattan waterfront, but I didn't
read the site too carefully) and know of some good post-Saunter
watering holes.Could we perchance deface old Komen shirts as part of
our uniform?

Clara

Mar 9, 2012, 3:09:20 PM3/9/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I think I may have to do this!

On Feb 3, 2:41 pm, "Erin D." <erin.c.da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This sounds lovely. I am in! Might even leave near some of the
> official Sauntering area (Northern Manhattan waterfront, but I didn't
> read the site too carefully) and know of some good post-Saunter
> watering holes.Could we perchance deface old Komen shirts as part of
> our uniform?
>
> On Jan 10, 12:16 pm, Tim Czerwienski <czerwien...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Interest was expressed in a recent thread (http://thehairpin.com/
> > 2012/01/buy-a-plane-ticket#comment-183472) in participating in The
> > GreatSaunter, a leisurely May 5 stroll around all 32 miles of
> > Manhattan's shoreline (http://shorewalkers.org/index.php?
> > option=com_content&view=article&id=77&Itemid=136).
>
> > I think it would be a great idea to do this as a gang! Consider this
> > the official thread for expressing interest, hashing out logistical
> > concerns wrt registration, and coordinating uniforms. (I don't believe
> > I suggested uniforms.)
>
> > A tip of the hat to, uh, atipofthehat for this delightful suggesstion.- Hide quoted text -

Jamie W

Mar 9, 2012, 3:15:12 PM3/9/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I want to do this! I also love the idea of defacing old Komen shirts.

John Thompson

Mar 9, 2012, 3:25:24 PM3/9/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Depending on what my school schedule looks like I might not be able to
do the whole thing but if nothing else I can come out and say hi once
you all hit the stretch of the Hudson that houses Riverbank State
Park. I live right there.

On Jan 10, 12:16 pm, Tim Czerwienski <czerwien...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Interest was expressed in a recent thread (http://thehairpin.com/
> 2012/01/buy-a-plane-ticket#comment-183472) in participating in The
> GreatSaunter, a leisurely May 5 stroll around all 32 miles of

Tim Czerwienski

Apr 16, 2012, 11:13:51 AM4/16/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Hey folks,

Just a reminder: April 20 is the last day to pre-register for the
Great Saunter. It seems like a good idea to pre-register, so you don't
have to wait in line the day of. You should do it!

When the day approaches, we can figure out how we'll all meet up at
the South Street Seaport (the plan will probably involve me wearing a
funny hat).

Tim

On Mar 9, 4:25 pm, John Thompson <john.w.thompson1...@gmail.com>

Tim Czerwienski

Apr 30, 2012, 12:06:38 PM4/30/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Well, gang, we're only a few days away from the Great Saunter! If
you're as giddy with excitement as I am, raise your hand.

My personal plan, since I'm in not great shape and my feet hurt
already, is to start at the 6-mile point, conveniently located at the
West 42 Street Circle Line terminal, at 9:30 am. The good news there
is that if you haven't yet registered, you can do it there. (I'm not
certain as to what the benefits of registering are, but I like to
follow all the normal procedures.) If you decide to start at the
beginning, good for you! But maybe take a breather at the Circle Line
terminal so we can all meet up. I'm pre-registered, so I'll be wearing
lucky number 183 and a bright yellow Boston College Superfan tshirt
(and probably a baseball cap of some kind.) I'll be with the lovely
Hairpin commenter neenerneener, so look out for us.

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Tim Czerwienski

May 3, 2012, 10:39:34 AM5/3/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Hey gang,

Not to be a pest, but could we get a head-count of folks that are
planning to join in on the Great Saunter on Saturday, and perhaps even
a brief description ("I'll be wearing a funny hat!" or "I'm seven feet
tall.") Once again, we'll be meeting at the West 42d Street Circle
Line terminal, but if you're starting from the actual start, let us
know!

I dunno about anyone else, but I can barely contain my excitement.

C W

May 3, 2012, 9:41:14 PM5/3/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I'm going to be there! Unfortunately I probably wont make any
decisions until Friday night.
I'm making a mental note of what you are wearing and will look for
you.
Cathy