Re: Chicago Hairpin Book Club - April 29!

Message has been deleted

Kate

Apr 13, 2012, 5:31:16 PM4/13/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Yay book club with ladies! I am in, see you gals there!

kate

On Apr 10, 1:12 pm, monicalmerc...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> Your friendly neighborhood Chicago Hairpin Book Clubbers will be meeting
> once again on Sunday, April 29 at Eva's Cafe. As always, all are welcome!
>
> *when: *4/29 at 4pm
>
> *where:* Eva's Cafe, 1447 N *Sedgwick* (between Schiller St & Blackhawk St)
>
> *reading:* bell hooks, *ain't i a woman: black women and feminism *
>
> FYI, there are apparently lots of the book available at Chicago Public
> Library branches. happy reading! --M

Emily Berkman

Apr 26, 2012, 9:24:12 PM4/26/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I only read about this meet up now, so I don't think I have time to
read it by Sunday.... but I'd love to get involved!
When do you think the next one will be?
Message has been deleted

Claire Glass

Apr 27, 2012, 9:38:35 AM4/27/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
I'm so excited about this book club. How often do you meet? Is it
always at Eva's? Thanks!

Claire Glass

Apr 27, 2012, 9:39:33 AM4/27/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Also, I'm the literary editor of Gapers Block and I'd love to write
about the book club if you'll tell me a bit more about it. Thanks!

Alixana

Apr 29, 2012, 8:45:37 PM4/29/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Hi everyone,

We have set our June date: the 17th at 4 PM and book: The Second
Shift. We'll continue to meet at Eva's. Note that there is a newly-
released edition of the Second Shift available on Kindle, as well as
the older version. I don't think it matters greatly if we all read
the same edition.

Claire, I'd be happy to tell you more, but I'm not sure we're exciting
enough to merit writing about!

monical...@gmail.com

May 24, 2012, 2:51:47 PM5/24/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Alas, I'll be at a conference that weekend!  Have fun (I'll be back in the summer if we plan to carry on) - M

ps - did everyone see the Jezebel post on book clubs? We're so not rowdy :)

josiahg

May 24, 2012, 6:22:16 PM5/24/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
We certainly have "high mined discussions"! I am imagining a
minefield. BLAM!

Diana

Jun 3, 2012, 10:22:49 PM6/3/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Hey y'all! I'm moving from Virginia to Chicago July 1 and can't wait to join the 'Pinners Book Club :) See you at the next meeting!

Diana

Jess

Jun 16, 2012, 12:21:12 PM6/16/12
to Hairpin 'Pinups
Hey everyone! I know this is last minute, but I won't be able to make
it to the bookclub this month. Have fun, and see ya in July!

On May 24, 5:22 pm, josiahg <josiahagr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We certainly have "high mined discussions"!  I am imagining a
> minefield. BLAM!
>
> On May 24, 1:51 pm, monicalmerc...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > Alas, I'll be at aconferencethat weekend!  Have fun (I'll be back in the

Alixana

Jun 27, 2012, 2:59:03 PM6/27/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
July details: July 29th, 4 PM, Eva's again.  The selection is Judith Butler: Gender Trouble.  See y'all there!

Monica

Jul 28, 2012, 2:54:40 PM7/28/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Executive decision at last night's pinup to cancel the July book club that was supposed to be tomorrow and pick a new book while we're chillin' at Josiah's BBQ next Sunday, August 5. More news (new thread?) soon! --M

kbetha...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2012, 5:16:19 PM10/31/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Hey Chicago Hairpinners. Are you guys still meeting? Can I hang out, too? I just moved to Chicago and I wanna get in on this!

Bethany

kmbi...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2012, 9:49:39 PM10/31/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, kbetha...@gmail.com
I would love to get in on this too! I live in Northwest Indiana but work in Chicago... I've always wanted to join a book club!

-Katrina

Katrina B.

Nov 7, 2012, 10:26:13 AM11/7/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, kbetha...@gmail.com
Another Hairpinner, Erica, sent me an email saying that she wanted to get in on it too and wondered if we should just pick  a place. Anyone have suggestions? South Loop area would be best for me, but I can be open.

And book suggestions? It looks like before they focused on feminist literature... Do we want to continue that trend? Honestly, I think I'd be happier going with a Chicago-themed (Chicago authors) or maybe even a no-themed book club. Just each month, a pre-determined member picks a book they want to read and then we read it and discuss. I'd rather be exposed to new genres and ideas... But it's up to you ladies :) That being said, I wouldn't mind "Bad Mother" by Ayelet Waldman or "Bonk" by Mary Roach.

Finally, the weekends of December 1 and 8 work the best for me. And feel free to add me on Goodreads: goodreads.com/kmbieker
Message has been deleted

Bethany Kell

Nov 8, 2012, 5:12:56 PM11/8/12
to Rex, hairpin...@googlegroups.com
I can do South Loop, too. I was really into the Judith Butler someone recommended earlier, but I'd be down to read Bonk, too.

If only three of us are interested, I'd still consider that a quorum!

On 8 November 2012 10:56, Rex <rachel.ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm also new here & also interested! South Loop is fine me, as is the north side (Lincoln Square area).

Rex

Nov 11, 2012, 12:14:47 PM11/11/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, Rex, kbetha...@gmail.com
For sure!

Book selection: I like the idea of Judith Butler, if only because I somehow managed to get a Women's Studies degree without ever reading her. But I am also open to Chicago authors or nonfiction like Bonk/Bad Mother.

Alyssa Hagen

Nov 11, 2012, 4:03:15 PM11/11/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,
I am totally down for the book club! I think it would be fun to read some local authors (Unabridged Books has a lot of good recommendations, I'll take a look there)...but the idea of slogging through Judith Butler gives me a headache (just my opinion, I can always sit the next meeting out though)

North side and South Loop are equally easy for me (yay red line)

Rex

Nov 12, 2012, 12:01:06 AM11/12/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
That's fine with me! No need to go into it with anything too heavy. I would love to hear some local recommendations if you come up with any.

Katrina B.

Nov 12, 2012, 12:19:44 PM11/12/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
I did some very, very basic research and found this list from the Chicago Tribune from 2011. It seems pretty hit or miss (one book's entire summary is "It's always a bad idea to poison your best friend" [I apologize if any of you are or are friends with Laura Caldwell]). County, which is also on the Chicago Public Library's list of recommended books on Chicago history looks really good and was also featured on NPR's Fresh Air once if that matters to anyone else. Do we want to do December 8/9? I don't want to get too close to the holidays, so if that's too soon or doesn't work, we might want to hold off until January for the first meeting. Or if you guys want to meet the 15th or 16th that's fine but I already know I'd have to sit that weekend out.

Rex

Nov 12, 2012, 3:33:53 PM11/12/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
I think County sounds interesting! Anyone else?

And December 8th or 9th works for me.

Bethany Kell

Nov 12, 2012, 4:07:51 PM11/12/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I'm really into County. I'm in! I could do either December 8 or 9, but I prefer to do the 9th -- my Saturdays are usually more likely to be tied up.

Bethany

Alyssa Hagen

Nov 13, 2012, 12:34:54 AM11/13/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, kbetha...@gmail.com
Ooh sounds good and there's tons of copies at the library! December 9 is perfect.

Rex

Nov 13, 2012, 5:17:11 PM11/13/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, kbetha...@gmail.com
Sounds great! Do we want to decide on a meeting place now?

Katrina B.

Nov 15, 2012, 3:31:46 PM11/15/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, kbetha...@gmail.com
Harold Washington Library has study rooms available for rent but I can't find information on how to actually reserve them or if they charge for it. But I figure it'd be easy for everyone to get to so maybe it's a good option? Or we can do the traditional coffeehouse route.

Bethany Kell

Nov 15, 2012, 10:25:11 PM11/15/12
to Katrina B., hairpin...@googlegroups.com
I prefer caffeine-rich environments, so I vote coffeehouse.

Monica

Nov 17, 2012, 9:41:32 AM11/17/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, Katrina B., kbetha...@gmail.com
oh hey, I'm totally into this! it's time for some fun reads :)

if we're thinking Sunday coffeehouse (that also serves afternoon cocktails!) off the red line, there's Little Branch in the South Loop, at Roosevelt and Indiana, my secret favorite place, open 'til 7. --M

Bethany Kell

Nov 19, 2012, 2:46:36 PM11/19/12
to Monica, hairpin...@googlegroups.com, Katrina B.
Okay, sounds good!

What time works for everyone? 10am? Or something later, around 5?

Hannah

Nov 20, 2012, 9:20:08 AM11/20/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, Monica, Katrina B., kbetha...@gmail.com
Ooh, I want to get in on this (later in the day)!

Monica L. Mercado

Nov 20, 2012, 12:24:37 PM11/20/12
to Hannah, hairpin...@googlegroups.com, Katrina B., kbetha...@gmail.com
Yes, can we do later in the day? 5-7pm Sunday the 9th? --M

Rex

Nov 20, 2012, 12:27:27 PM11/20/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, Hannah, Katrina B., kbetha...@gmail.com
That sounds good to me! And Little Branch sounds good too.

Bethany Kell

Nov 23, 2012, 9:35:26 AM11/23/12
to Rex, hairpin...@googlegroups.com, Hannah, Katrina B.
I'll be there!

Alyssa Hagen

Nov 24, 2012, 8:25:39 PM11/24/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, Rex, Hannah, Katrina B., kbetha...@gmail.com
5pm on Sunday the 9th! See you there!
Message has been deleted

Alyssa Hagen

Nov 28, 2012, 9:43:11 AM11/28/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
guys, I just remembered (was reminded) I have a gig that day at the Old Town School of Folk Music's holiday bazaar... it's 3:30 to 6 so there's no way I'll make it by 7 :-(

Alyssa Hagen

Nov 28, 2012, 9:43:12 AM11/28/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com

Rex

Dec 4, 2012, 4:59:02 PM12/4/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Sad news for me, y'all: I put the book on hold at the library weeks ago but it hasn't come in yet. (Perhaps all you bookish 'Pinners cleared them out?) Is anyone done with it and willing to let me borrow your copy? Orrrr is it okay if I come on Sunday even if I haven't read it?

Katrina B.

Dec 4, 2012, 11:21:33 PM12/4/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Actually, a combination of a ton of personal things coming up and traveling for 9 days over Thanksgiving and working a million billion hours at work has meant that I haven't had time to go get a library card to get the book (I knooooow), let alone read it. Should we postpone until January? Should we just have a coffee date on Sunday where we talk about other books we like?
Message has been deleted

Alyssa Hagen

Dec 5, 2012, 1:26:08 PM12/5/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Works for me! How about we plan for the same location on a Sunday mid month?

Bethany Kell

Dec 6, 2012, 12:32:58 PM12/6/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Sure -- Sunday, 1/13?

anneryan...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2012, 5:30:40 PM12/10/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, kbetha...@gmail.com
Oh, my gosh, that article today inspired me to come check this out and can I come? Same place same book? County @ Little Branch cafe?

jld...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2012, 4:08:47 AM12/11/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Moved to Chicago a few months ago and still haven't managed to find a good book club. Ironically, have also been trying to take advantage of local authors!

Same time?

ariella....@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2012, 11:17:01 PM12/17/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, jld...@gmail.com
I want to come! Can someone let me know what the book is? I am having trouble finding it in the thread. Sorry :C

Bethany Kell

Dec 19, 2012, 12:08:47 PM12/19/12
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, jld...@gmail.com
Yes, you should come! The book is this one -- http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11265358-county

Sunday, 1/13, 5pm, at Little Branch (1251 S. Prairie Ave.)

Bethany Kell

Jan 8, 2013, 11:14:15 AM1/8/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, jld...@gmail.com
Party people:

Do we have a critical mass that can confirm we're going to meet this Sunday, 1/13 at 5pm at Little Branch?

I'm down and looking forward to meeting you guys!

Bethany

bridget

Jan 8, 2013, 12:21:53 PM1/8/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, jld...@gmail.com, kbetha...@gmail.com
I'm coming & bringing at least +1 perhaps 2! Looking forward to it!

Alyssa Hagen

Jan 8, 2013, 8:18:20 PM1/8/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there! (halfway through the book now)

Monica

Jan 10, 2013, 12:39:29 PM1/10/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
oh shoot, I forgot to put this in my book. hoping to join next time if there's continued interest :)

Alyssa Hagen

Jan 12, 2013, 8:37:29 PM1/12/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys! Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Maybe we could all bring a suggestion for a book to read next so we can decide on something then?

Bethany Kell

Jan 13, 2013, 5:24:41 PM1/13/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com

Sounds good! I'm on my way over now.
Bethany

Sent via Android

J. Groff

Jan 15, 2013, 1:18:57 PM1/15/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
I'm thinking of calling for another Chicago meet-up, per http://thehairpin.com/2013/01/friday-open-thread-51#comment-453493, but I don't want to conflict with anything you guys planned on Sunday (sorry I couldn't make it!).  Did you plan anything, or should I go ahead and plan for something?  Maybe bowling, maybe at Timber Lanes?

FYI, I am terrible at bowling, but I don't let that get in the way of enjoying it.

midori....@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2013, 4:54:24 PM1/15/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
That was me requesting a meetup, and I cosign any non-book group thing (plus a book group meetup too, I just didn't check until it was too late for me to read the book). I can't bowl for shit, but I am more than willing to laugh at myself and my gutter balls.

- Amanda (aka Theda Baranowski)

elizabeth balderas

Jan 15, 2013, 5:23:22 PM1/15/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, katewoo...@gmail.com
Hey this sounds really cool and I'm really interested in joining the book club.  Have you guys decided on a book and the next meeting date?

Can't wait!

On Friday, April 13, 2012 4:31:16 PM UTC-5, Kate wrote:
Yay book club with ladies! I am in, see you gals there!

kate

Alyssa Hagen

Jan 15, 2013, 5:31:14 PM1/15/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com

We didn't pick a book but everyone had some ideas - since there were only four of us we wanted to wait and get some other opinions. But everyone seemed to like the idea of nonfiction...

We did talk about getting together next month, maybe mid-February. Maybe a different location? North or NW side?

Bowling sounds fun too! I haven't been in years (oh god it was a blind date even)!

elizabeth balderas

Jan 15, 2013, 5:44:38 PM1/15/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, katewoo...@gmail.com
Non-fict sounds great! I will look out for a book choice and meet up dates thanks!

Amanda

Jan 16, 2013, 10:22:03 AM1/16/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, katewoo...@gmail.com
How does February 24th work for folks? The suggestions I remember from Sunday were:

The Dance of Life: The Other Dimension of Time
Something by Mary McCarthy
Far from the Tree: Parents, Children and the Search for Identity

I know there were more and I'm sure people who weren't there have suggestions. Care to add them?

Monica

Jan 16, 2013, 10:35:33 AM1/16/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Feb 24th sounds good now! I've always wanted to read McCarthy's "The Group," but am up for anything. Also, bowling. --M

elizabeth balderas

Jan 16, 2013, 10:42:58 AM1/16/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, katewoo...@gmail.com
Feb. 24th works for me and the Group by MM sounds wonderful!

J. Groff

Jan 16, 2013, 10:43:06 AM1/16/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Heather K and I are having lunch in Chinatown on Friday, including to plan bowling.  Details to follow, I suppose!

If you want to join for lunch, email rockatrollkendoll AT gmail!

Bethany Kell

Jan 16, 2013, 11:46:41 AM1/16/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
I already read The Group (it's great!) but if you guys wanna do MM, I've been wanting to read The Company She Keeps...

Alyssa Hagen

Jan 16, 2013, 12:56:54 PM1/16/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com

The Company She Keeps looks good!

Alyssa Hagen

Jan 16, 2013, 1:17:20 PM1/16/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com

Problem is, though, there are only two copies in the entire Chicago Public Library system...

jabla...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2013, 8:58:44 PM1/17/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ladies,

So I'm a regular Hairpin reader, new to Chicago, and have always wanted to be in a book club.  So, how does this work?  Isanyone welcome?  Do you all know each other and will I feel like a big weirdo if I attend?  Any info would be great.

Happy reading,

Julie

Rachel Lane

Jan 18, 2013, 2:42:38 PM1/18/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Julie: This month was the first time the book club met in our newest incarnation, and I don't think any of us knew each other. Come, come! You won't seem like a weirdo at all.

All: Are we agreed on The Company She Keeps? I don't mind buying it if I can find a cheap copy.

<3 Rex/Rachel

Monica L. Mercado

Jan 18, 2013, 4:36:11 PM1/18/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
I'm in for The Company She Keeps if everyone else is! Happy reading - M

elizabeth balderas

Jan 19, 2013, 9:28:24 AM1/19/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
I'm in for the Company She Keeps. See you all on 2/24

jabla...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2013, 11:06:04 PM1/22/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Wonderful.  Thanks for the reply, Rex.  Count me in too!

midori....@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2013, 2:33:12 PM1/23/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, jabla...@gmail.com
I'll be there too!

amar...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2013, 4:20:10 PM1/23/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, jabla...@gmail.com, midori....@gmail.com
Hello! I would like to get in on this!

not.muc...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2013, 7:43:06 PM1/23/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, jabla...@gmail.com, midori....@gmail.com, amar...@gmail.com
I'd like to go too! My first Pin-up!

Bethany Kell

Jan 24, 2013, 12:14:23 PM1/24/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, jabla...@gmail.com, midori....@gmail.com, amar...@gmail.com
I made a goodreads group for our club --http://www.goodreads.com/group/invite/93075-chicago-hairpin-book-club?invite_key=a7b3aea5e21bb8a744c4c5f4eb879014e6f0bf0b&utm_medium=email&utm_source=copypastegroup

We met in the South Loop last time. Any suggestions for cafes for Feb? I really like Wormhole here in Wicker Park, but if someone has a suggestion for a place that's more centrally located that might be better.

Julie Blaisdell

Jan 24, 2013, 12:50:01 PM1/24/13
to Bethany Kell, hairpin...@googlegroups.com, midori....@gmail.com, amar...@gmail.com
I live in Wicker Park so have no objections to a cafe there, but am
new to the city and happy to explore anywhere!

elizabeth balderas

Jan 24, 2013, 1:07:27 PM1/24/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, Bethany Kell, midori....@gmail.com, amar...@gmail.com, jabla...@gmail.com
I'm in Logan Square but I would be open to Wicker or wherever else

midori....@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2013, 1:14:13 PM1/24/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, Bethany Kell, midori....@gmail.com, amar...@gmail.com, jabla...@gmail.com
I'm in Logan Square, but Wicker Park is easy to get to for me, so that sounds good to me.

Alyssa Hagen

Jan 24, 2013, 1:21:37 PM1/24/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com

I'm willing to do logan square or wicker (coming from Lakeview). But do we want bar or coffee shop?

elizabeth balderas

Feb 15, 2013, 1:38:18 PM2/15/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, katewoo...@gmail.com
Hey Everyone any ideas on a time or location for the meet up next Sunday?  Thanks

Bethany Kell

Feb 18, 2013, 1:24:06 PM2/18/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, katewoo...@gmail.com
In my neighborhood, I like Wormhole (on Milwaukee, the Damen stop on the blue line). If we want a bar, there's Emporium (the arcade bar), also off Milwaukee. But if there's a more central location that's easier for everyone that's fine too!

Last time we met from 5-7. Does that still work for people?

Bethany

elizabeth balderas

Feb 18, 2013, 1:25:40 PM2/18/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, katewoo...@gmail.com
5-7 works great for me and all those locations would work

Alyssa Hagen

Feb 18, 2013, 7:41:58 PM2/18/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, katewoo...@gmail.com
I can't make it - book didn't come from the library in time. Next month, though!

jabla...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2013, 11:59:56 AM2/20/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, katewoo...@gmail.com
I'm bummed, but I won't be able to make it either.  I procrastinated and didn't order the book online soon enough and I can't find a copy of the darn thing in any libraries or bookstores near me.  Book club still excites me though, so yes, next month. (If anyone has any suggestions of where to locally find it though, I'll take 'em.  If I can get my hands on a copy by Friday, I will gladly be there.)

Monica L. Mercado

Feb 20, 2013, 12:01:26 PM2/20/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the same problem with my library, arg, procrastination!

Bethany Kell

Feb 20, 2013, 12:16:41 PM2/20/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
It's available on Amazon Prime! http://www.amazon.com/The-Company-Keeps-Mary-McCarthy/dp/0156027860

Should we postpone? Do we have enough people who have read the book? I read it, anyone else?

Monica L. Mercado

Feb 20, 2013, 12:18:52 PM2/20/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
My only concern is I forgot I have to motor to an Oscar party in the early evening, so 5-7 is rough for me. I really want to read this book, so am opening to postponing or shifting the time a little earlier. But I hate to be fussy!

Monica

elizabeth balderas

Feb 20, 2013, 12:19:32 PM2/20/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
I've read it

Rex

Feb 20, 2013, 1:16:45 PM2/20/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
I've read it. I'd be willing to lend someone(s) my copy if you want. But it sounds like it might be better for a lot of people if we rescheduled?

Andrea

Feb 20, 2013, 1:18:31 PM2/20/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately I did not have time to read it either. Rescheduling would work for me. If not, I will definitely commit to being at next month's meeting.

jabla...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2013, 1:31:32 PM2/20/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, amar...@gmail.com
I'll order the book today if you all decide to postpone it a week or so, but I can certainly just join in on the next book as well.  I'm fine with whatever.

Bethany Kell

Feb 21, 2013, 9:46:11 AM2/21/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, amar...@gmail.com
Okay, I hear a lot of people for postponing and nobody who can't postpone, so let's just go ahead and postpone it a week.

New date: Sunday, March 3, from 5-7 at Wormhole on Milwaukee.

If that's doesn't work for someone, feel free to suggest an alternative!

Bethany

Elizabeth Balderas

Feb 21, 2013, 9:51:28 AM2/21/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, hairpin...@googlegroups.com, amar...@gmail.com
I can't do 5-7 I have a previous engagement at 4 is it possible to make it earlier?

Sent from my iPhone

Monica L. Mercado

Feb 21, 2013, 10:02:19 AM2/21/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Bethany! I'm free al day on the 3rd.

Monica

Bethany Kell

Feb 21, 2013, 12:18:27 PM2/21/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Ok, would 1-3 work for people? Then ya'll still have time to get your brunch on that morning :)

Andrea

Feb 21, 2013, 12:19:59 PM2/21/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com

Works for me! :)

Monica L. Mercado

Feb 21, 2013, 12:21:31 PM2/21/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
And me! Just found the book this morning so I have no excuses now. See
you on the 3rd -M

Elizabeth Balderas

Feb 21, 2013, 1:12:18 PM2/21/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Works for me!

Sent from my iPhone

Bethany Kell

Mar 3, 2013, 12:00:31 PM3/3/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com
Just a reminder that we're meeting today at 1pm at Wormhole. See you there!

Hannah

Mar 5, 2013, 12:34:21 PM3/5/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, kbetha...@gmail.com
(so...when's the next one? i always mean to come to these and don't work it out in time but i want to!!)

elizabeth balderas

Mar 5, 2013, 7:18:25 PM3/5/13
to hairpin...@googlegroups.com, kbetha...@gmail.com
Well Bethany and I were chatting about that and we were thinking that it might be nice if we did the next book club at one of our houses, what do you guys think of that? We could even do a pot luck type of thing if we wanted.

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Hannah <hannah....@gmail.com> wrote:
(so...when's the next one? i always mean to come to these and don't work it out in time but i want to!!)

It is loading more messages.