HaiQ 1.0 Beta Release

magland

Jan 18, 2008, 2:36:12 PM1/18/08
to HaiQ Development
Hello everyone,

I plan to release three files on Monday:

http://haiq.googlegroups.com/web/haiq-1.0-beta.zip (Source)
http://haiq.googlegroups.com/web/haiq-1.0-beta-mingw.zip (Compiled
with MinGW)
http://haiq.googlegroups.com/web/haiq-1.0-beta-msvc.zip (Compiled with
MSVC)

Please let me know if you have any last changes before then.

Thanks everyone for your help!

(Chris, I know you still can't even get the program to run! But I
guess we'll see if others have the same trouble on Linux)

Diego Iastrubni

Jan 18, 2008, 3:23:50 PM1/18/08
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Source: downloads and not compiles (mingw4,  qt 4.3.2)
cd menus\ && c:\qt\4.3.2\bin\qmake.exe menus.pro -win32 -o Makefile
cd menus\ && mingw32-make -f Makefile
mingw32-make[3]: Entering directory `D:/source/New Folder/haiq- 1.0-beta/plugins/
system/menus'
cd filemenu\ && c:\qt\4.3.2\bin\qmake.exe filemenu.pro -win32 -o Makefile
cd filemenu\ && mingw32-make -f Makefile
mingw32-make[4]: Entering directory `D:/source/New Folder/haiq-1.0-beta/plugins/
system/menus/filemenu'
cd filemenu\ && c:\qt\4.3.2\bin\qmake.exe filemenu.pro -win32 -o Makefile
cd filemenu\ && mingw32-make -f Makefile
Makefile:66: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.

MinGW fails download (I  get a defectice ZIP file which cannot be opened). Same for MSVC.

What is the difference (from a user point of view) between the MinGW and MSVC versions?

magland

Jan 18, 2008, 3:34:36 PM1/18/08
to HaiQ Development

> What is the difference (from a user point of view) between the MinGW and
> MSVC versions?

If Pam uses MinGW, then she will want to use the MinGW-compiled
version, so that the program will run in her development environment
(i.e. seeing the qt4 shared libraries compiled with MinGW). Similarly,
if Jonah uses Microsoft to compile, then he will want to be able to
run HaiQ in his particular environment.

Not sure why there are problems with the .zips. Can anybody else
confirm?

Diego Iastrubni

Jan 18, 2008, 3:36:35 PM1/18/08
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Ok, about the source build, scratch that. Please put on the readme, that if you fail to compile the application, it might be because it's on a path containing space (no more "New directory").

2 Things:
  1. Please remove the console window.
  2. I am getting a lot of  this garbage:
    QWindowsFileSystemWatcherEngine: unknown message '
    **** qmake-HaiQ ****
    QWindowsFileSystemWatcherEngine: unknown message '
    QWindowsFileSystemWatcherEngine: unknown message '
    **** qmake-HaiQ ****
    QWindowsFileSystemWatcherEngine: unknown message '
    **** qmake-HaiQ ****
    **** qmake-HaiQ ****
    **** qmake-HaiQ ****
    QWindowsFileSystemWatcherEngine: unknown message '
    **** qmake-HaiQ ****
    QWindowsFileSystemWatcherEngine: unknown message '
Now, I know you want to be able to log the qDebug() messages, so instead of having a console window, how about usingqInstallMsgHandler()  ? http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/qtglobal.html#qInstallMsgHandler

About the versions:
What happens if I don't have a MS compiler, and I use mingw and I download the MSVC version?

jeremy....@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2008, 3:41:06 PM1/18/08
to ha...@googlegroups.com
On Jan 18, 2008 3:36 PM, Diego Iastrubni <dieg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok, about the source build, scratch that. Please put on the readme, that if you fail to compile the application, it might be because it's on a path containing space (no more "New directory").

Ok, will do.

2 Things:
  1. Please remove the console window.
I actually tried... but I'll need to try harder, I suppose.

> About the versions:
> What happens if I don't have a MS compiler, and I use mingw and I download the MSVC version?

Then it won't run. It will complain about missing .dll, or some such.

magland

Jan 21, 2008, 7:08:53 AM1/21/08
to HaiQ Development
HaiQ 1.0 Beta has been released. Thanks, everyone, for your help!

http://qt-apps.org/content/show.php/HaiQ?content=62825

Christian Dähn

Jan 21, 2008, 3:35:12 PM1/21/08
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I got HaiQ working on my openSuSE - had a bad Qt lib (used a static lib).

The new gui looks great! I love the new editor :) Great work!

Due to a very simple bug I just used the old binary from november till today -
so the beta version is completely new for me - it's like christmas :)

Even if there are many new and cool features, I'm missing following ones:
- it seems to be not possible to configure the editor settings like in the old version (e.g. disabling bold highlighted syntax)
- it's not possible to use the Ctrl+Insert and Shift+Insert shortcuts - would be great, if we could support these keys

I tried to fix the shortcut problem in some old versions with no success -
maybe I can fix it in the current code.

Further I've some wishes taken from my good old ide: "FTE" (old school Borland guys like me love it)
- duplicate current line in editor by Ctrl+D
- erase current line by Ctrl+Y
- automatic indent for selected block
- find current word at cursor position and go forward/backward to next occurence of the word - Alt+Comma / Alt+Point

These are only some wishes - I'll try to implement them as far as I got some spare time :)

ciao,
Chris

magland

Jan 21, 2008, 3:52:50 PM1/21/08
to HaiQ Development
Hi Chris, I'm glad you got it working! Those editor ideas I think will
be very useful. I also remember Ctrl+Y to delete a line in Turbo
Pascal!

I think it would be best to implement the Ctrl+D, Ctrl+Y, Alt-Comma,
Alt-Point functionality in a separate plugin (editorshortcuts or
something) -- this way it will be editor-independent implementation,
and will guide us away from putting all the functionality into the
editor. It really should not be too difficult -- if you want I can get
you started so you can see what I have in mind.

I'll add the "don't highlight words in bold" option to settings. BTW
any QObject property can trivially become a "settings" using core-
>settingsManager->addObjectProperty()!

Regards.

goo...@mkv25.net

Jan 31, 2008, 9:36:33 AM1/31/08
to HaiQ Development
Hey, I've downloaded haiq-1.0-beta-mingw.zip and unzipped the folder,
but can't get the editor to work. I run haiq.exe and nother happens.

I've been using HaiQ-win32-0.2.1-1.zip for the past 4 months to write
and compile my projects with no problem, but I have no clue why this
new beta version won't run.

Please help,
- Markavian

Markavian

Jan 31, 2008, 10:14:42 AM1/31/08
to HaiQ Development
Ok, sorted it. The clue was in 'past 4 months', I was using QT 4.3.1.

I've installed QT 4.3.3 from the executable and changed my windows
path variable to the install directory (C:\Qt\4.3.3\bin;) and HaiQ
Beta looks nice and shiny on my screen now.

Are you looking for feedback btw?- I wouldn't know where to post it if
you were, other then here.

Regards,
- Markavian

Christian Dähn

Jan 31, 2008, 10:54:13 AM1/31/08
to ha...@googlegroups.com, Markavian
Hi Markavian,

thanks for your mail - of course we are looking forward to get
feedback from users! So please don't hesitate to mail us your
experiences and hints/wishes.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Christian

Jose Maria Garcia-Valdecasas

Jan 31, 2008, 11:21:33 AM1/31/08
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Strange issue.

I have tested that file and works perfectly in my system. Can you tell us which O.S. are you using?
Also, could you open a command line window, go to the folder where HaiQ is installed and run HaiQ from there?
Maybe you get some kind of output that helps us debug the problem.

Thanks.

magland

Jan 31, 2008, 11:24:32 AM1/31/08
to HaiQ Development
Jose, looks like this is the google delay problem again. Christian has
already responded and the problem is resolved. :)

On Jan 31, 11:21 am, "Jose Maria Garcia-Valdecasas"
> > - Markavian- Hide quoted text -

Jose Maria Garcia-Valdecasas

Jan 31, 2008, 11:26:28 AM1/31/08
to ha...@googlegroups.com
*sighs*

Google hates me.

Christian Dähn

Feb 2, 2008, 9:49:15 PM2/2/08
to ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I implemented some of my favorite editor commands:

+ Delete current line (Ctrl+Shift+K)
+ Delete to end of line (Ctrl+K)
+ Delete to end of word (Ctrl+Del)
+ Duplicate current line (Ctrl+L)

Further I added the Qt standard keysequences to the editor -
that means that now multiple shortcuts work for copy'n'paste -
so the standard HaiQ shortcuts work together with the new
keys like: Shift+Ins (Copy) and Ctrl+Ins (Paste)

@Jeremy:
To get the above shortcuts working I had to fix a missing checking
for Insert key and it's modifiers - hope that's ok.

If this behaviour is not ok, just uncomment the old source.

Best Regards,
Chris

magland

Feb 3, 2008, 3:00:36 PM2/3/08
to HaiQ Development
Thanks Chris. On a quick glance, it looks great! Very useful.