problem installing 0.2 on site5

1 view

silverwing

Aug 5, 2007, 12:08:25 AM8/5/07
to habari-users
I got 0.2 working on my MAMP localhost but i'm running into problems
setting up a site on Site5.

Here's what I have:
System - apache - mysql - php
MAMP - 2.0 - 5.0.19 - 5.1.6
Site5 - 1.3.37 - 4.1.21 - 5.2

I'm thinking that the problem is with the apache 1.3. Dev0.1 worked,
though.

The error I get on the instal page is
"Panic! No database connection class appears to be found for the
connection string specified. Please check config.php"

and everything in config.php is correct. Do database tables are
created.

Any ideas?

Owen Winkler

Aug 5, 2007, 11:49:43 AM8/5/07
to habari...@googlegroups.com

My test site cr8er.net runs on Site5 without a hitch.
Apache 1.3.37
MySQL 4.1.22
PHP 5.2.1

What's your connection string?

Owen

silverwing

Aug 5, 2007, 12:47:05 PM8/5/07
to habari-users
my config.php file is:

$db_connection= array(
'connection_string'=>'mysql:host=localhost;dbname=xxx_habari',
'username'=>'xxx_habari',
'password'=>'xxx',
'prefix'=>'habari_'
);

// $locale = '{$locale}';

Owen Winkler

Aug 9, 2007, 9:23:38 PM8/9/07
to habari...@googlegroups.com
On 8/5/07, silverwing <hodg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> my config.php file is:
>
> $db_connection= array(
> 'connection_string'=>'mysql:host=localhost;dbname=xxx_habari',
> 'username'=>'xxx_habari',
> 'password'=>'xxx',
> 'prefix'=>'habari_'
> );
>
> // $locale = '{$locale}';

I posted on your blog, and just noticed that this post says the same thing:

PHP5 is required for Habari. Version 0.1 probably worked before
because you had the required .htaccess directive applied. Maybe you
deleted or overwrote it when you installed 0.2?

The line is:
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php

And it's documented in the wiki here:
http://wiki.habariproject.org/en/Installation

Hope that helps. Let us know!

Owen

silverwing

Aug 9, 2007, 11:13:05 PM8/9/07
to habari-users
PHP5 is set in the .htaccess of my public_html folder. My site
misguidedthoughts.com and its forum and gallery are all on PHP5. I
did just add the AddHandler to my .htaccess in my /habari folder, but
still the same error.

Here's the phpinfo
http://misguidedthoughts.com/habarizone/phpinfo.php

Owen Winkler

Aug 10, 2007, 12:47:07 AM8/10/07
to habari...@googlegroups.com
On 8/9/07, silverwing <hodg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> PHP5 is set in the .htaccess of my public_html folder. My site
> misguidedthoughts.com and its forum and gallery are all on PHP5. I
> did just add the AddHandler to my .htaccess in my /habari folder, but
> still the same error.
>
> Here's the phpinfo
> http://misguidedthoughts.com/habarizone/phpinfo.php

Hmm. Ok. Well, we can diagnose this error specifically...

The error that you're showing should only ever appear if the database
connection class for the engine that you're using does not exist.
You're using MySQL, so the database connection class that you're using
should be located at:

HABARI_PATH/system/schema/mysql/connection.php

Where HABARI_PATH is the path where Habari's index.php is located. If
this file does exist at this location, then we'll have to dissect the
code a bit.

Around line 68 of /system/classes/databaseconnect.php there is this line:

require_once( HABARI_PATH . "/system/schema/{$engine}/connection.php" );

Which basically does what I said above. We'll need to know what it
thinks the file is, and perhaps what the file contents are. If the
database connection class is not in that file as required, then it
won't be able to create the class or build a connection.

As far as you can get with diagnosing this would be much appreciated.

Owen

Scott Merrill

Aug 10, 2007, 6:29:17 AM8/10/07
to habari...@googlegroups.com
Owen Winkler wrote:
> Around line 68 of /system/classes/databaseconnect.php there is this line:
>
> require_once( HABARI_PATH . "/system/schema/{$engine}/connection.php" );

An easy way to diagnose this is to replace "require_once" with "die".
That will cause Habari to stop execution at that point, and to output
the string inside the parentheses. In this way, you can both tell
Habari to stop right there, and to show you what it's trying to load.

--
GPG 9CFA4B35 | ski...@skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

silverwing

Aug 11, 2007, 12:43:44 AM8/11/07
to habari-users
when I change it to die the browser outputs
:
habari/system/schema/mysql/connection.php

silverwing

Aug 11, 2007, 2:13:41 PM8/11/07
to habari-users
I couldn't get Dev0.2 working, but I did get svn 745 installed (with
errors that were reported on the dev list. http://habari.misguidedthoughts.com/745error
)

http://habari.misguidedthoughts.com show 745 working.

sfong15

Aug 12, 2007, 6:34:05 AM8/12/07
to habari-users
Silverwing, I think I experienced the same see this
http://groups.google.com/group/habari-dev/browse_frm/thread/528a865852885bdc/#

Not sure if your 745 is working as you have only the first page, try
publish few more posts to check if pagination is working. If it's
not then you'll have to do what I did as I mentioned in above thread.

On Aug 12, 2:13 am, silverwing <hodgk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I couldn't get Dev0.2 working, but I did get svn 745 installed (with
> errors that were reported on the dev list.http://habari.misguidedthoughts.com/745error
> )
>

> http://habari.misguidedthoughts.comshow 745 working.

silverwing

Aug 12, 2007, 12:39:40 PM8/12/07
to habari-users
Let me clarify. By working, I mean it installs and I get basic
functioning. Which is better then I had a few days ago.

But, yeah, the pager doesn't work. I'll tackle that later.

Also, I installed a couple of the plugins from the wiki plugin page
and they're not showing up in my admin/plugin page.

On Aug 12, 3:34 am, sfong15 <sfon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Silverwing, I think I experienced the same see thishttp://groups.google.com/group/habari-dev/browse_frm/thread/528a86585...

> Not sure if your 745 is working as you have only the first page, try
> publish few more posts to check if pagination is working. If it's
> not then you'll have to do what I did as I mentioned in above thread.
>
> On Aug 12, 2:13 am, silverwing <hodgk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I couldn't get Dev0.2 working, but I did get svn 745 installed (with
> > errors that were reported on the dev list.http://habari.misguidedthoughts.com/745error
> > )
>

> >http://habari.misguidedthoughts.comshow745 working.

Carla

Aug 16, 2007, 8:00:10 PM8/16/07
to habari-users
I work for Site5. :) (http://wiki.site5.com/User:Carla_Hufstedler)
Tomorrow, since I need to add it to the wiki anyway, I'll try
installing it on the demo account, and see what's what. I'll keep you
posted.

O:) Carla