Localhost OK, failed at Site5

sfong15

Apr 4, 2007, 4:15:38 AM4/4/07
to habari-users
I'm using a new subject as 0.1 is now working fine at localhost/XAMPP.

Just tried this at Site5, this is what I have done
1) sub domain created just for this, habari.mysite.net
2) uploaded all files
3) added a line (AddHandler...etc) to .htaccess to make php5 available
4) created mysql db, Site5 automatically add prefix so it is
myname_habari
5) added db user, again my host added prefix so it is myname_h
6) granted all privileges to db user myname_h
7) point browser to http://habari.mysite.net/
8) the correct installation screen came up so I guess there was no
issue with apache rewrite_module
9) entered all details there, installation failed !!!!

error_log shows PHP warning of missing argument for DatabaseConnection
called in databaseconnection.php

One weired thing found during setup was that I can't enter database
name as 'myname_habari' as installation script returned 'failed'
because db was not found. I had to use just 'habari'.

For this reason I have tried both 'myname_h' and 'h' as db user, both
failed.

Anyone got habari 0.1 working at hosting?

tinyau

Apr 4, 2007, 5:13:32 AM4/4/07
to habari...@googlegroups.com
I'm running a testing Habari in DreamHost.

As I knew that the Ajax checking of host name and database name is not yet completed in the installation screen, thus always return 'Not exist' message.

sfong15

Apr 4, 2007, 10:21:48 AM4/4/07
to habari-users
Thanks Tinyau, I also found that fact from habari-dev group, I'll try
again.
I think Christ said that'll be removed or a note given at that screen.

On Apr 4, 5:13 pm, tinyau <tinyau.vamp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm running a testing Habari in DreamHost.
>
> As I knew that the Ajax checking of host name and database name is not yet
> completed in the installation screen, thus always return 'Not exist'
> message.
>

> On 4/4/07, sfong15 <sfon...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I'm using a new subject as 0.1 is now working fine at localhost/XAMPP.
>
> > Just tried this at Site5, this is what I have done
> > 1) sub domain created just for this, habari.mysite.net
> > 2) uploaded all files
> > 3) added a line (AddHandler...etc) to .htaccess to make php5 available
> > 4) created mysql db, Site5 automatically add prefix so it is
> > myname_habari
> > 5) added db user, again my host added prefix so it is myname_h
> > 6) granted all privileges to db user myname_h

> > 7) point browser tohttp://habari.mysite.net/

> > 8) the correct installation screen came up so I guess there was no
> > issue with apache rewrite_module
> > 9) entered all details there, installation failed !!!!
>
> > error_log shows PHP warning of missing argument for DatabaseConnection
> > called in databaseconnection.php
>
> > One weired thing found during setup was that I can't enter database
> > name as 'myname_habari' as installation script returned 'failed'
> > because db was not found. I had to use just 'habari'.
>
> > For this reason I have tried both 'myname_h' and 'h' as db user, both
> > failed.
>
> > Anyone got habari 0.1 working at hosting?
>

> --
> Cheers,
> tinyau
> Blog:http://blog.tinyau.net

sfong15

Apr 4, 2007, 10:33:23 AM4/4/07
to habari-users
The test site http://habari.sfong.net/ is now running at Site5.

Believe in the db name you picked, that'll be alright even if screen
shows "failed", proceed anyhow.