Publish version 007

khaled Abou Alfa

Jan 23, 2007, 6:48:36 PM1/23/07
to habar...@googlegroups.com
This one tries to tie the installer graphics to the main admin panel graphics. Top menu bar now highlights where you actually are in the grand scheme of things, and this would be used for the highest levels of the three areas. I'll start making some mockups of the other areas so we can see where their indicators would be located and how they could be shown.

I've removed the logout button and I think that will be located in the drop down to the main website link (left hand side). The drop down is meant to be used to let you get to all the additional websites that you control from this install (multiblog or whatever we're going to be doing there) but since it's a drop down the effectively takes you elsewhere outside this particular admin panel it makes sense to me to also have the final logout from this particular admin panel as well.

Khaled

007-publish.jpg

dean.j.robinson

Jan 23, 2007, 7:57:37 PM1/23/07
to habari-dev
Looking good.

With the buttons for save discard, is there any reason that they can't
be styled so they
appear the same as the do in Safari, or maybe just similar? Its only a
minor thing, but I like
the look of the rounded buttons in that area. Obviously any button
styles won't work in Safari,
but that won't matter because it already has the buttons.

> 007-publish.jpg
> 131KViewDownload

khaled Abou Alfa

Jan 24, 2007, 2:46:07 AM1/24/07
to habar...@googlegroups.com
Dean, those aren't stylyed buttons, they're XP buttons. Those buttons are left to the OS, so they'll look as per your os, not according to your browser.

Michael Heilemann

Jan 24, 2007, 4:17:40 AM1/24/07
to habar...@googlegroups.com
On 1/24/07, khaled Abou Alfa <broke...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dean, those aren't stylyed buttons, they're XP buttons. Those buttons are left to the OS, so they'll look as per your os, not according to your browser.

Which by the way is why it occurred to me after I had done the initial mockup, that that background probably wouldn't work for anything but OS X.

dean.j.robinson

Jan 24, 2007, 4:50:35 AM1/24/07
to habari-dev
Ok, just re-read my comment...it wasn't worded real well...

What I meant was can't you apply a background image (ie. a pic of a
safari button) to a button
with CSS, so that the buttons appear the same across all browsers.

Sorry for the confusion.

On Jan 24, 8:17 pm, "Michael Heilemann" <heilem...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/24/07, khaled Abou Alfa <brokenk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Dean, those aren't stylyed buttons, they're XP buttons. Those buttons are
> > left to the OS, so they'll look as per your os, not according to your

> > browser.Which by the way is why it occurred to me after I had done the initial

> mockup, that that background probably wouldn't work for anything but OS X.

Michael Heilemann

Jan 24, 2007, 5:08:52 AM1/24/07
to habar...@googlegroups.com
Dean, yes you could do that. But it wouldn't be a wise choice.

khaled Abou Alfa

Jan 24, 2007, 5:17:07 AM1/24/07
to habar...@googlegroups.com
Michael: My first reaction was to change that but after thinking about it a little bit,  a circular end can work for rectangular buttons if they're spaced correctly (ie allowing the start of the curve to occur after the end of the button edge) rather than trying to shoehorn the circular edge into a rectangular enclosure...does that make sense?

Also now that's I've slep on this, I might make the bar a little bit more contrasting to make it a bit more clear, I'll send that through later on today.

Computer Guru

Jan 24, 2007, 5:18:52 AM1/24/07
to habar...@googlegroups.com

There is another option

By means of dynamic CSS OR JavaScript you can assign browser/platform-dependant images to a button, no?

I think JS would do something as simple as

If (OS==Windows) ….

Elseif ..

Elseif…

Else…

//The above assigns the name of a png to “image”

thing= Getelementbyid(”button”);

thing.style=thing.style+“image=”+image; //Is it called image in CSS? I don’t know!

But I personally prefer dynamic CSS, that would make it perfectly compatible.

Computer Guru

NeoSmart Technologies

http://neosmart.net/blog/

khaled Abou Alfa

Jan 24, 2007, 5:18:05 AM1/24/07
to habar...@googlegroups.com
Yeah Dean, no that wouldn't be a good idea.

dean.j.robinson

Jan 24, 2007, 5:41:56 AM1/24/07
to habari-dev
Ok, thats cool, 'twas just an idea.