atomhandler.php - need input

FreAkErZ

Feb 20, 2007, 12:22:31 AM2/20/07
to habari-dev
Here's the atomhandler.php converted to using DataObject.. extension
XMLWriter

Watcha think?

I tried cutting some lines using xml_header and xml_footer.. not sure
if I saved anything in the end so it might be cleaner to ommit them..
suggestions/comments welcomed!

What's left:
- standardize variable names, try to save trouble this way.. ($local
array was removed for $vars)
- review the code for mistakes and optimization
- add the rewrite_rules to the DB scheme on futur revision
- work on the TODO comments (related to functions of other classes)
- work on the get_entry, put_entry, delete_entry, and the auth
functions

This was a suggestion of leftjustified on IRC

Andrew

P.S: Keep in mind there are missing rewrite_rules, therefor the
act_collection is modified to process comments and tag_collection. I
made also sure that RSD includes a blogID (read it was required now)

http://www.freakerz.com/system/classes/atomhandler.phps

Owen Winkler

Feb 20, 2007, 2:13:04 AM2/20/07
to habar...@googlegroups.com
On 2/20/07, FreAkErZ <frea...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's the atomhandler.php converted to using DataObject.. extension
> XMLWriter
>
> Watcha think?

I think it's an interesting idea but...

1) SimpleXML is standard on a stock PHP5 install, and xmlWriter is a
PECL extension.
2) I think it would be easier to load and read complete XML text as a
string into a SimpleXMLElement node than to build all of the
individual elements by hand like this, don't you think?

Owen

FreAkErZ

Feb 20, 2007, 9:03:41 AM2/20/07
to habari-dev
Of course I find it painful hehe

SimpleXML would be interesting... I'll work on it :) maybe that was
the idea of leftjustified hehe

FreAkErZ

Feb 20, 2007, 12:25:30 PM2/20/07
to habari-dev
http://www.freakerz.com/system/classes/atomhandler.phps

Comments? (I know it needs cleanup, standards and optimization)

Owen Winkler

Feb 22, 2007, 6:53:15 AM2/22/07
to habar...@googlegroups.com
On 2/20/07, FreAkErZ <frea...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.freakerz.com/system/classes/atomhandler.phps
>
> Comments? (I know it needs cleanup, standards and optimization)

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in
/homepages/21/d166457994/htdocs/freakerz.com/system/classes/site.php
on line 222

Owen