Site Information Mockup

khaled Abou Alfa

Mar 5, 2007, 4:14:45 PM3/5/07
to habar...@googlegroups.com
Yes I know it's completely superflous to have the map that you can click on and probably a hell of a lot more of a pain to make it work than what it took me to mockup it, but I think it adds an element of fun to the whole experience. Sure we should look to make it light and fast and functional and pretty but I think that whole experience element should not be underestimated as to how far reaching it can be and well I guess makes the whole experience more fun. Definitely not on the essential list however a nice to have :).

001-admin-information.jpg

Morydd

Mar 5, 2007, 6:37:00 PM3/5/07
to habar...@googlegroups.com
I think the map would be obscenely complicated, as you would have to
have several dozen options (some _states_ in the US have more than one
time zone, and then there's daylight savings time to deal with.) It's
pretty, but I think making it really work for _everyone_ would be an app
in and of itself.

Visually it's a lot of fun though.

Some things that it makes me think about though:
Most people know what their timezone is, but many people don't know the
offset from UTC.
Perhaps we could offer a couple of "default" formats for date and time
and then a "custom option" as figuring out the PHP date formats is
complicated if you're just seeing for the first time. (Even with the
documentation available.