Pređi na prvu nepročitanu poruku

Khaled Abou Alfa

nepročitano,
28. 11. 2006. 16:35:5828.11.06.
– habari-dev
Really liked the Flickr inspired idea Chris/Owen and I think that would
work perfectly for the attachment/media browser/flickr uploader etc.

I don't think that would work well for the publish/draft element, as
that should ideally be a button that's clear. I don't see two buttons as
terribly cluttering to be honest.

The sidebar has gotten a slight change (I've actually added the help
link rather than an icon, better practice me thinks, and Joen had it in
the very early mockups of Shuttle which I really liked, and since we're
thinking of incorporating the manual bundled with the software then this
seems like a pretty easy and elegant, simple and not confusing way of
dealing with things.

Group tags and tags. We need to talk. Need some help with ideas here.
Obviously we'd like to have tags be added as simply as possible. WHich
is why I've put an empty field to be added.

publish_v4.png

Scott Merrill

nepročitano,
28. 11. 2006. 16:42:4528.11.06.
– habar...@googlegroups.com
Khaled Abou Alfa wrote:
> I don't think that would work well for the publish/draft element, as
> that should ideally be a button that's clear. I don't see two buttons as
> terribly cluttering to be honest.

Here's my thought: I think, as much as possible, each administrative
screen should have exactly one "action" button. In almost all cases,
that action will be "submit". In the case of creating posts, that
submit button should be labeled "Save".

Published or draft is an aspect of the post, and as such I think it
should be set using some visible control. Then the "save" button makes
more sense: you're saving the changes you've made, regardless of whether
that post is a draft or not.

The actual post status should be controlled by some on-screen selection
mechanism that supports more than just on/off (publish/draft). I think
it should be a radio button, with two default options (publish and
draft), with a pre-selected default value (probably "draft", to be safe).

Plugins may want to add items to the list of states one may apply to a post.

> The sidebar has gotten a slight change (I've actually added the help
> link rather than an icon, better practice me thinks, and Joen had it in
> the very early mockups of Shuttle which I really liked

I actually liked the "i" icon, but I'm comfortable with text, too.

--
ski...@skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49 3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35

Odgovori svima
Odgovori autoru
Prosledi
0 novih poruka