Commit messages

Michael C. Harris

Mar 31, 2008, 9:44:43 PM3/31/08
to Habari Dev
Given that we've now got 45 plugins and themes (w00t!) in extras and 6
branches, and the commit feed doesn't identify what files are being
changed, it's been great when people clearly identify what's they're
committed to in their commit messages. Could we try a standard
approach? How about:

Plugin:LiveHelp my commit message
Theme:Charcoal my commit message
Branch:Atom my commit message

That way, we can assume things that aren't identified are to trunk,
and easily see what else is going on.

--
Michael C. Harris, School of CS&IT, RMIT University
http://twofishcreative.com/michael/blog

Andy C

Mar 31, 2008, 10:34:50 PM3/31/08
to habari-dev
+1 for content
-1 for use of 'w00t!'

On Apr 1, 2:44 am, "Michael C. Harris" <michael.twof...@gmail.com>

ringmaster

Mar 31, 2008, 10:47:01 PM3/31/08
to habari-dev
On Mar 31, 9:44 pm, "Michael C. Harris" <michael.twof...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Given that we've now got 45 plugins and themes (w00t!) in extras and 6
> branches, and the commit feed doesn't identify what files are being
> changed, it's been great when people clearly identify what's they're
> committed to in their commit messages. Could we try a standard
> approach? How about:
>
> Plugin:LiveHelp my commit message
> Theme:Charcoal my commit message
> Branch:Atom my commit message

How about we just have the feed output append that info so that we
don't have to futz with it when we commit?

For the core repo mailing list, it already does this in the title.

Owen

Michael C. Harris

Mar 31, 2008, 10:58:04 PM3/31/08
to habar...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 07:34:50PM -0700, Andy C wrote:

> -1 for use of 'w00t!'

n00b :p

Michael C. Harris

Mar 31, 2008, 10:59:17 PM3/31/08
to habar...@googlegroups.com

Brilliant! Is that you volunteering to do such a thing?

ringmaster

Apr 8, 2008, 12:34:35 PM4/8/08
to habari-dev

On Mar 31, 10:59 pm, "Michael C. Harris" <michael.twof...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 07:47:01PM -0700, ringmaster wrote:
>
> > On Mar 31, 9:44 pm, "Michael C. Harris" <michael.twof...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Plugin:LiveHelp my commit message
> > > Theme:Charcoal my commit message
> > > Branch:Atom my commit message
>
> > How about we just have thefeedoutput append that info so that we
> > don't have to futz with it when we commit?
>
> > For the core repo mailing list, it already does this in the title.
>
> Brilliant! Is that you volunteering to do such a thing?

http://habariproject.org/utils/extrasfeed.php

Owen

Michael C. Harris

Apr 8, 2008, 8:12:32 PM4/8/08
to habar...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 09:34:35AM -0700, ringmaster wrote:

> http://habariproject.org/utils/extrasfeed.php

Thanks Owen, that's great. I've combined it with the trac feed to get
ticket changes as well.

http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.info?_id=242e4081571f194773526ebba750ef4c

The habari-extras feed doesn't include comments like the main feed,
does it?