More Admin

Khaled Abou Alfa

Dec 11, 2006, 5:33:45 PM12/11/06
to habari-dev
Ok,

Having thought about this a little bit more I've updated a couple of
things in the admin section. Specifically, I've put the number of
comments under moderation in the recent comments under a link. In the
current landscape, chances are you'll always have spam, or comments in
moderation. Unfortunately that's one of the bad things about blogging,
there are the bastards out there.

So rather than make a big deal of it, make it blend in, but at the same
time different and easy to reach without annoying the user.

I've also included a system section on the right hand side. It's meant
to be different because it talks about updates to the system, both
plugins and the actual system. I don't know how we'd make the plugins
update, but it would be good to have the central repository but make
people actually maintain their code from within there. I know it's a
tough one, but if we build the infrastructure around this correctly we
could be in for another killer element of the programme that's one step
ahead of the rest (ala firefox).

When a new version of something is available we can make a big deal of
it and inform the user.

Everything else is kept to a minimum.

Also the logo can fit underneath the right hand side on all windows. I'm
still working on the logo and I'll share when I've got a few more ideas
sketched out.

publish_v4.3_admin.png