Old index file causes query to return no results with the new H2 version

Alex

Feb 19, 2009, 12:02:10 PM2/19/09
to H2 Database
Hello Thomas,

We have a database that works fine using the 1.0.72 version of H2. We
recently tried to use it with the builds 1.1.106 and 1.1.107. The
database opens fine,but when running some queries it returns no
results. For example adding an "ORDER BY" clause causes a query to
return no results. When we go back to the previous H2 version on the
same database it works fine. When we deleted the index file and
recreated it using the new H2 it also works fine.

So it seems that there is something in the index file that causes the
new H2 to fail, but works fine on the older build.

I could send you the entire database (it's small - about 2.5 MB) and
the queries that give us weird results.
This way you can try it for yourself using the old and the new H2
builds.

Alex

Thomas Mueller

Feb 24, 2009, 3:04:58 PM2/24/09
to h2-da...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> So it seems that there is something in the index file that causes the
> new H2 to fail, but works fine on the older build.

> I could send you the entire database (it's small - about 2.5 MB) and
> the queries that give us weird results.
> This way you can try it for yourself using the old and the new H2
> builds.

Yes, that would be great! Could you send it to the db support address
(see the h2database.com)?

Regards,
Thomas