H2 database throwing null pointer exception

phani

Apr 11, 2011, 2:23:25 AM4/11/11
to H2 Database
Hi,

I am new to H2 database, I ran into a particular problem where I was
running a function named format.

public static String format(Double sumValue,Integer decimalValue){
if(sumValue==null)
return null;
else{
//format in particular order.
}
}
There are chances of sumValue getting null value.

when I am running a query it is throwing a following exception

SELECT format(commamount,2) as formatted FROM pshipcommdetail
[90105-153]
at org.h2.message.DbException.getJdbcSQLException(DbException.java:
327)
at org.h2.message.DbException.get(DbException.java:156)
at org.h2.message.DbException.convertInvocation(DbException.java:
295)
at org.h2.engine.FunctionAlias
$JavaMethod.getValue(FunctionAlias.java:405)
at org.h2.expression.JavaFunction.getValue(JavaFunction.java:38)
at org.h2.expression.Alias.getValue(Alias.java:35)
at org.h2.command.dml.Select.queryFlat(Select.java:519)
at org.h2.command.dml.Select.queryWithoutCache(Select.java:614)
at org.h2.command.dml.Query.query(Query.java:269)
at org.h2.command.dml.Query.query(Query.java:239)
at org.h2.command.dml.Query.query(Query.java:37)
at org.h2.command.CommandContainer.query(CommandContainer.java:
78)
at org.h2.command.Command.executeQuery(Command.java:181)
at org.h2.server.TcpServerThread.process(TcpServerThread.java:
278)
at org.h2.server.TcpServerThread.run(TcpServerThread.java:137)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
at reports.functions.Format.format(Format.java:15)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor5.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
Source)
at org.h2.engine.FunctionAlias
$JavaMethod.getValue(FunctionAlias.java:393)

I went through the documentation and was able to figure out that the
aruguments should be of wrapper class hence I changed to Double but it
didnt work!

Can anyone of you please help me to figure out where the actual
problem is?

Thanking you

With Regards
Phani Kumar

Noel Grandin

Apr 11, 2011, 8:24:43 AM4/11/11
to h2-da...@googlegroups.com, phani

The exception is coming from inside your format method.
Look at line 15 of your Format class.