Converting libffi to gyp

Nathan Rajlich

Dec 30, 2011, 3:01:28 PM12/30/11
to gyp-de...@googlegroups.com
Hey all, so I'm the maintainer of node-ffi, the libffi module for Node.js.

Node recently switched over to gyp for its build system, and soon enough native module authors are going to have to start gyp-izing their modules as well. This will involve writing gyp scripts for any dependent libraries the module has so that they can be statically compiled into the module. In this case, libffi.

I've attempted to begin converting the automake logic over to gyp, but don't exactly know what to do about the platform-specific logic. Specifically, conditionally including source files based off that platform and architecture. See here to see what I'm talking about: https://github.com/atgreen/libffi/blob/master/Makefile.am#L103-183

So how would I map that logic over to gyp? That's the first question so far.

A second question is about the .S assembly files. Is there anything special I need to do with those in regards to compiling them to object files?

Thanks in advance!