MVP in GWT 2.1 M1

Cristian Rinaldi

Jun 8, 2010, 10:49:15 AM6/8/10
to GWTP
Hello,
The framework is very interesting.
I wonder if with the release of GWT 2.1 M1 and the addition of classes
to support MVP as: Activity, ActivityManager, Place, ActivityMapper,
etc. will take some adaptation.

Thank you very much

Philippe Beaudoin

Jun 8, 2010, 11:31:37 AM6/8/10
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
For the moment, GWTP and GWT's MVP classes are mutually exclusive. I
would like to look into ways of bridging that gap, but for the moment
GWTP's has a larger feature set, and uses a different annotation-based
API that substantially reduces boilerplate (granted, if you're happy
with Roo this may not be an issue). So the plan for now is to
continue to develop GWTP in parallel and support its user base.

Cristian Rinaldi

Jun 8, 2010, 1:07:20 PM6/8/10
to GWTP
Philip Thanks for responding.

I do not particularly convinced MVP in GWT 2.1, I prefer to use a pure
framework. I think that MVP of GWT 2.1 is strongly focused on CRUD
applications.

There are future plans to make a "binding property" to handle
validation errors propagated from the server?
While it is not something specific to MVP, it would be a good feature.

Thank you.

On 8 jun, 12:31, Philippe Beaudoin <philippe.beaud...@gmail.com>