Updated gwt-maps & gwt-visualization for GWT 2.3

Eric Ayers

May 10, 2011, 10:40:27 PM5/10/11
to gwt-google-apis
I've just uploaded two candidate releases for the Maps and
Visualization API Libraries for GWT.

http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/downloads/detail?name=gwt-maps-1.1.1.zip
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/downloads/detail?name=gwt-visualization-1.1.2.zip

These include only a few minor bug fixes. The main purpose is to
address issue 447 with the binary incompatibility of previous releases
of these libraries with GWT 2.2 and above.

The recommended minimum release of GWT is the just released 2.3. The
.jar files may still work with 2.2, but these releases were compiled
with GWT 2.3. If you have any feedback, please followup on this
thread.

Thanks,
-Eric.
--
Eric Z. Ayers
Google Web Toolkit, Atlanta, GA USA

tsuna

May 11, 2011, 4:34:52 AM5/11/11
to gwt-goo...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 7:40 PM, Eric Ayers <zun...@google.com> wrote:
> I've just uploaded two candidate releases for the Maps and
> Visualization API Libraries for GWT.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/downloads/detail?name=gwt-visualization-1.1.2.zip

When I click the download link on the page above, I get a popup
message that says "This file has been deprecated. Another file would
probably be better. Do you want to continue?"

> These include only a few minor bug fixes.  The main purpose is to
> address issue 447 with the binary incompatibility of previous releases
> of these libraries with GWT 2.2 and above.
>
> The recommended minimum release of GWT is the just released 2.3.  The
> .jar files may still work with 2.2, but these releases were compiled
> with GWT 2.3.  If you have any feedback, please followup on this
> thread.

I tested my app with GWT 2.3.0 and gwt-visualization-1.1.2, worked
just fine modulo the error in corechart I already had with 1.1.1 (see
http://groups.google.com/group/gwt-google-apis/browse_thread/thread/332a644b2e7e66fc).

One thing I noticed while upgrading to GWT 2.3.0 is that now it
requires a lot more jars on the classpath (gwt-servlet-deps +
validation-api stuff). I couldn't find where this was documented in
the release notes. Anyone knows?

--
Benoit "tsuna" Sigoure
Software Engineer @ www.StumbleUpon.com

Eric Ayers

May 11, 2011, 8:14:08 AM5/11/11
to gwt-goo...@googlegroups.com
I marked it deprecated intentionally so someone wouldn't stumble
across it accidentally. In retrospect, I should have given the file a
different name like -rc1.

I'm not sure what's going on with the problem in corechart. I have a
question out to the gviz team. Meanwhile, you might want to crosspost
to their public forum:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/google-visualization-api

> --
> You are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT-Google-Apis" group.

Eric Ayers

May 14, 2011, 11:19:41 AM5/14/11
to gwt-google-apis
Today I've uploaded a new set of release candidate downloads for all 7
libraries. The Maps library is unchanged (just renamed it) The
visualization library rolls in a pending fix for issue 446 in the
issue tracker (NPE in OnMouseOver events on charts)

http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/downloads/detail?name=gwt-ajaxloader-1.1.1-rc1.zip
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/downloads/detail?name=gwt-gadgets-1.2.1-rc1.zip
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/downloads/detail?name=gwt-gears-1.3.1-rc1.zip
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/downloads/detail?name=gwt-language-1.1.1-rc1.zip
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/downloads/detail?name=gwt-maps-1.1.1-rc1.zip
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/downloads/detail?name=gwt-search-1.1.1-rc1.zip
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/downloads/detail?name=gwt-visualization-1.1.2-rc2.zip

There have only been a few downloads and I haven't had much feedback.
I'm going to leave these up for a week or so, and if no one reports
problems, I'll promote them to full release status.

There is unlikely to be another release of gwt-maps(v2), gwt-gears and
gwt-search because the underlying JS APIs are now deprecated.

cyclingthealps

May 14, 2011, 12:22:14 PM5/14/11
to Google API Libraries for GWT
I'll try out the Maps API. Thanks a lot for your effort Erik!!!!!
Keep up the good work!!

On May 14, 5:19 pm, Eric Ayers <zun...@google.com> wrote:
> Today I've uploaded a new set of release candidate downloads for all 7
> libraries.   The Maps library is unchanged (just renamed it) The
> visualization library rolls in a pending fix for issue 446 in the
> issue tracker (NPE in OnMouseOver events on charts)
>
> http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/downloads/detail?name=gwt-aj...http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/downloads/detail?name=gwt-ga...http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/downloads/detail?name=gwt-ge...http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/downloads/detail?name=gwt-la...http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/downloads/detail?name=gwt-ma...http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/downloads/detail?name=gwt-se...http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/downloads/detail?name=gwt-vi...
>
> There have only been a few downloads and I haven't had much feedback.
>  I'm going to leave these up for a week or so, and if no one reports
> problems, I'll  promote them to full release status.
>
> There is unlikely to be another release of gwt-maps(v2), gwt-gears and
> gwt-search because the underlying JS APIs are now deprecated.
>

> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 10:40 PM, Eric Ayers <zun...@google.com> wrote:
> > I've just uploaded two candidate releases for the Maps and
> > Visualization API Libraries for GWT.
>
> >http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/downloads/detail?name=gwt-ma...
> >http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/downloads/detail?name=gwt-vi...

Deepak Bammi

May 14, 2011, 12:35:36 PM5/14/11
to gwt-goo...@googlegroups.com
Awesome Eric!

--
You are subscribed to the Google Groups "GWT-Google-Apis" group.

Thanks !
Deepak Bammi

+91.9818.528.834
+91.9711.324.527

Jeff Larsen

May 16, 2011, 2:17:32 PM5/16/11
to gwt-goo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

Any word on gwt-maps api getting updated for maps v3? Is there a branch that the more adventurous of us could check out?