Release notes for 2.0.2

Valentin Koch

Jan 28, 2010, 3:03:29 PM1/28/10
to gur...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Does anybody know what changed in the release from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2. I
couldn't find any information in the release notes and I was wondering
if I have to rerun my old research experiments that I solved with
2.0.1 in order to compare with results from new experiments solved
with 2.0.2 (will solving time or precisions be different?).

Valentin

Greg Glockner

Jan 28, 2010, 4:28:53 PM1/28/10
to gur...@googlegroups.com
The following is a list of fixes that have been implemented in version 2.0.2:

- Fixed a problem in the Python interface - column object constructor could fail.
- Fixed a problem in simplex memory allocation - excessive storage for very dense constraint matrices.
- Fixed a problem in 32-bit Windows XP and Server 2003 memory allocation - could report 'out of memory' before memory is truly exhausted.
- Fixed a potential issue in the GRBloadmodel() call in the C interface - potential memory problem when column non-zeros are stored in a non-contiguous fashion.
- Fixed a problem in column querying - GRBgetvars() or model.getCol() could return scaled conefficients.
- Fixed a few minor documentation issues.

And the following is a list of fixes that were implemented in version 2.0.1:

- An expanded troubleshooting guide for validation of free academic licenses.
- Fixed a problem with the status attribute when a cutoff is used.
- Python installer file 'setup.py' was missing from earlier Windows versions.
- Avoid a presolve reduction that can sometimes cause numerical trouble in the presence of very small coefficients.
- Fixed a problem with the heuristic callback when using a MIP start.
- Fixed an issue in LP IIS when quad precision is used.
- Fixed a few documentation issues.