Blitz magazine article on GC Australia seminar

Admin

Jun 2, 2011, 12:41:25 PM6/2/11
to guided-ch...@googlegroups.com

Blitz (Australia's largest martial arts magazine) latest issue is out with great review of GC Australia seminar. Excerpt: ""Let me start by saying I thought I'd seen all that the world of 'reality-based self defence' had to offer, so for the easily bored out there, I'll cut to the chase. What I witnessed on the weekend of 26 and 27 March is the closest thing I've come across that resembles a modern-day, reality-based martial art and not just another 'combatives system'. Does it work? Hell, yeah! I got my arse well and truly kicked and at times felt like I was in the middle of a Jason Bourne fight scene."
--Clive Girdham, former Senshido and Geoff Thompson instructor [excerpted from the June print edition of Blitz Martial Arts Magazine]

Admin

Jun 2, 2011, 10:45:03 PM6/2/11
to guided-ch...@googlegroups.com
More excerpts from Blitz article by former Geoff Thompson and Senshido instructor Clive Girdham: "...[Lt Col Ridenhour] then introduced a new concept to everyone, me included. He calls them simply 'drop' exercises. Simply put, it's a drill to put your body into the strike, something very difficult to describe in words that really needs to be experienced...over the period of about 15 minutes I noticed a massive change in the ability of the attendees to deliver a wide variety of combative style-strikes."

"...The focus on the first 3 principles [Balance, Looseness, Sensitivity] is what differentiates Guided Chaos from everything else I have seen or practiced...Guided chaos teaches the development and use of balance beyond anything I've seen outside of gymnastics."