newspaperEditionDate, newspaperPageNumber, etc

Phil Gyford

Jun 8, 2011, 6:04:02 AM6/8/11
to Guardian API Talk
Hi,

I'm trying to use the API to fetch a list of articles in today's
newspaper, and assemble them in the rough order they appear in the
paper.

The newspaperEditionDate, newspaperPageNumber elements introduced last
December are useful for this, although don't seem to be quite
consistent and want to work out if I'm missing something.

For example, I'd think this would be the first page of 50 articles
from 8th June's paper:
http://content.guardianapis.com/search?page-size=50&format=json&show-fields=all&show-tags=newspaper-book-section%2Cnewspaper-book&date-id=2011-06-08&use-date=newspaper-edition

But not all of them have a page number, eg world/2011/jun/08/chinese-
coal-truckers-mongolian-herder is missing it. That article also
doesn't appear on this page listing the paper's articles:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2011/jun/08/all What does this
absence indicate?

Thanks,
Phil