HTC Tattoo

Pirolocito

Dec 16, 2009, 11:44:01 AM12/16/09
to gTasks
gTasks don't appear in market in an HTC Tatto (QVGA).

Could the programmers recode to the program accept QVGA?

Best Regards

robertovg24

Dec 23, 2009, 6:41:39 AM12/23/09
to gTasks
The project has very good looking, but I'm in the same situation. I
also have the tattoo.

Thanks in advance

Peter Flachbart

Dec 24, 2009, 4:27:15 AM12/24/09
to gta...@googlegroups.com
Hi, could you please explain what your problem is? Application was tested on emulator with QVGA and it worked ...
the fact it isn't in market, is a problem of Tattoo/HTC ...
you can always use alternative markets, one such as andAppStore.com ...
--
Peter Flachbart

Piper

Dec 27, 2009, 8:53:05 AM12/27/09
to gTasks
On Dec 24, 10:27 am, Peter Flachbart <fla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, could you please explain what your problem is? Application was tested on
> emulator with QVGA and it worked ...
> the fact it isn't in market, is a problem of Tattoo/HTC ...
> you can always use alternative markets, one such as andAppStore.com ...

Got it.. It works nice on the Tattoo. The main problem I see is that
he alternative markets are not well exposed to the new users, and
there is rarely a way to download the app from home page of the
applications (this includes gTasks).

The app works nice, the only problem - I did not find a way to list
tasks from all the lists on one screen.

BR
Radek/Piper.

robertovg24

Dec 28, 2009, 3:36:35 AM12/28/09
to gTasks
I found and installed gtask in andAppStore.com.
Thanks for the information.

On 24 dic, 10:27, Peter Flachbart <fla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, could you please explain what your problem is? Application was tested on
> emulator with QVGA and it worked ...
> the fact it isn't in market, is a problem of Tattoo/HTC ...
> you can always use alternative markets, one such as andAppStore.com ...

DaveF

Jan 5, 2010, 2:26:46 AM1/5/10
to gTasks
I think its up to the app author to enable lores/tattoo support in
Market.

DaveF

Jan 5, 2010, 2:16:26 AM1/5/10
to gTasks
> Hi, could you please explain what your
> problem is

It's easier to discover updates, uninstall, get app reviews, status
etc when listed in Market where all the other apps are managed too.

> the fact it isn't in market, is a problem
> of Tattoo/HTC

Are you sure it isn't a setting in the gtask market option set by the
app author?
I read somewhere that the app authors have to turn off the limitation
that made their market app appear only on higher res devices.

Cheers
Dave

Peter Flachbart

Peter Flachbart

Jan 5, 2010, 11:38:05 AM1/5/10
to gta...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 08:16, DaveF <dfil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, could you please explain what your
> problem is

It's easier to discover updates, uninstall, get app reviews, status
etc when listed in Market where all the other apps are managed too.
AndAppStore does have similar capabilities.And does not suffer from "missing" apps

> the fact it isn't in market, is a problem
> of Tattoo/HTC

Are you sure it isn't a setting in the gtask market option set by the
app author?
Yes  I'm, there is none

I read somewhere that the app authors have to turn off the limitation
that made their market app appear only on higher res devices.
there is no setting for that in android market, nor did I notice any google released comments on that

Cheers
Dave

--
Peter Flachbart

DF

Jan 5, 2010, 1:17:59 PM1/5/10
to gTasks
Ah - here's Google's announcement:

"Devices with small-class screens, however, will only be shown apps
which explicitly declare (via the AndroidManifest) that they will run
properly on small screens."

http://www.google.com/support/androidmarket/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=165590

DF

Jan 5, 2010, 1:16:25 PM1/5/10
to gTasks
Here a couple of users say that the developer can somehow specify it -
thus making it appear in the market... weird:

"...for an application to appear in the Android Market for an HTC
Tattoo device, it must be specified by the developer that the app is
compatible for smaller screens"
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=106a844a9efa9e64&hl=en

DF

Jan 5, 2010, 1:11:41 PM1/5/10
to gTasks
This app, Slide Keyboard, scales nicely on Tattoo and is present in
the Market on it. I think the author might be able to help - he has
answered a lot of my emails:

http://www.asigbe.com/slidekeyboard.html

DF

Jan 5, 2010, 1:06:10 PM1/5/10
to gTasks
I think I read about some "scaling" in Android v1.6 (apps requires
this to be able to show on the lo-res like Tattoo). Could it be a
change in the actual app / source code that makes the Market accept it
as v1.6 scaling / lo-res/ QVGA compatible?

Here's some discussion about the scaling in v1.6 (v1.5 didn't have
it):
http://groups.google.com/group/android-platform/browse_thread/thread/ed4a02d8396e95d2

As you might know a lot of apps are missing on a Tattoo but when I
look in "Just in" (newest added apps) lots of these say "Now supports
QVGA" so if gTasks supports QVGA perhaps Google hasn't found out yet.

Or the scaling is not correct. Actually when I write a task of more
than one line the cursor starts to get out of sync with the letters.
Like if the cursor is betweem E and M here: "Hello this is a long
tasks with proble|ms", tapping delete will erase L instead of E or so.

Also I think the limitation I was thinking about might have been HTC's
answer. Kevin Taylor quoted them here:
-----
Not all applications are available on all phones. Some applications
are not compatible with certain handsets and so application vendors
can limit the availability of their applications by country, device
and network.

there is nothing to do.

best regards,
HTC Europe Support
-----
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=3529bae358433fcd&hl=en

Also Google seems to think that unlocked phones should have access to
any Market app (my Tattoo was bought unlocked = without a carrier) but
some cunfusion exists. Two google employees have answered in this
thread but seems to avoid answering why e.g. Tattoo can't see all
apps:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=247141109ac14e35&hl=en#all

Cheers

Peter Flachbart

Jan 5, 2010, 1:53:19 PM1/5/10
to gta...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, very much ... will look into it
--
Peter Flachbart