v1.0 release is pre-imminent

James.Fu...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2007, 4:25:07 AM7/9/07
to gSync
We will be releasing v1.0 of gSync today, which will be a 30 day demo,
along with the option to purchase.

thx for your patience.

ta, J

DF

Jul 9, 2007, 6:02:44 AM7/9/07
to gSync
That's good news indeed.

On 9 Jul., 10:25, "James.Fuller.2...@gmail.com" <James.Fuller.

Richard Cattien

Jul 9, 2007, 6:26:55 AM7/9/07
to gs...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

i will certainly try out the 1.0, do we have a changelog, especially
a list of the bugs fixed would be nice. I always had the
"duplicating" problem, where some wholeday-events duplicate on every
sync. This really screwed my calendars and I have to be sure that
this problem has been adressed.

richard

--
Personal Website: http://www.cip.ifi.lmu.de/~cattien/
Last.fm Music Stats: http://www.last.fm/user/rc-rickski/

--
Personal Website: http://www.cip.ifi.lmu.de/~cattien/
Last.fm Music Stats: http://www.last.fm/user/rc-rickski/
PGP key: https://www.cip.ifi.lmu.de/~cattien/rc_pubkey.asc

James Fuller

Jul 9, 2007, 12:37:04 PM7/9/07
to gs...@googlegroups.com
Hello Richard,

Yes, its not very nice when calendars are messed up by gSync...there
are some things in our control and out. One is that the Google
Calendar API has some known limitations....I think we have outlined
most of these at one point or another.

I would always suggest backing up both your iCal and Google Calendars
before trying gSync.

1) backing up Apple iCal: just choose backup database from File menu option

2A) backing up Google Calendar using script: here is a good example

http://lookingabout.blogspot.com/2007/05/backing-up-your-google-calendars.html

2B) backup Google Calendar manually: here is a good example

http://www.answermysearches.com/backup-google-calendar-to-your-own-computer-and-why-everyone-should-do-this/155/

cheers, Jim

Andrew Sutherland

Jul 9, 2007, 8:58:02 PM7/9/07
to gSync
So where is it? :)

I downloaded the latest copy from the site 0.9.9 - and it says the
beta has expired! aaahhh!

Andrew

On Jul 9, 1:25 am, "James.Fuller.2...@gmail.com" <James.Fuller.

Mark Blankestijn

Jul 10, 2007, 9:43:55 AM7/10/07
to gSync
I second that... where is the new version? I also get 'This demo
version has expired!'

On 10 jul, 02:58, Andrew Sutherland

thomas.

Jul 10, 2007, 9:53:36 AM7/10/07
to gSync
i third that - so to speak ;)
Guess I can wait for another day or two if there are some last
problems to resolve, but my reloadbutton is glowing right now :)

.thomas

James Fuller

Jul 10, 2007, 2:44:19 PM7/10/07
to gs...@googlegroups.com
coming in 1-2 hours, sorry guys.

ta, J

Thomas Hageleit

Jul 10, 2007, 3:04:06 PM7/10/07
to gs...@googlegroups.com
it's okay. ;)
take your time.
i was just wondering, 'cause it was annnounced and didn't show up
anywhere on the page.

.thomas

Andrew Sutherland

Jul 10, 2007, 8:16:27 PM7/10/07
to gSync
ooh, thanks James! I will be purchasing this off you!

Andrew