playbin2 video in separate window

Dylan

Apr 21, 2010, 3:56:43 PM4/21/10
to gstreamer-java
Hi All,
I'm a newbie to gstreamer. I'm trying to play rtp streams
in a java swing based application with playbin2. My machine is an
intel atom based processor with US15 W chipset for graphics acceration
running on Moblin Linux. Also we are using gstreamer-fluendo codecs to
make use of hardware acceleration.
However when I try to play the rtp streams, the video appears in
a separate window. If I remove the Fluendo codes and install FFMPEG
codecs the video seems to work fine, ie it does not open in a separate
window. I even tried playing a regular video file stored locally
instead of rtp streams in the swing application Yet the results were
same: Video plays in separate window if I use Fluendo codecs but works
fine with ffmpeg codes.

Richard Lowe

May 21, 2010, 9:13:56 AM5/21/10
to gstreamer-java
I'm having similar issues. In all my experimenting, I found that if
you do not add the videocomponent to the frame, when changing the
state of the player, it does open a separate window.

Let me know how you resolved it, I'm still in the same spot I was last
week.

Dylan

Jul 7, 2010, 3:14:39 PM7/7/10
to gstreamer-java
I haven't progressed a bit on this one. Did you find out a resolution?