Re: [GS-911] Abridged summary of gs-911@googlegroups.com - 7 updates in 1 topic

Anton du feu

Jan 3, 2020, 4:45:53 AM1/3/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
Buy a second hand windows  laptop. These work with the  industry standard firmware and software for ALL vehicle types. The easiest reliable  solution

On Thu, 2 Jan 2020 19:07 , <gs-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Bill Morrison <bmorr...@gmail.com>: Dec 26 08:33PM -0500

The GS-911 has an app for the MAC.

--
*Bill Morrison*
...more

Updates are usually for new bikes and come out maybe twice a year. Unless
you travel that much seems like it a mute point. I use my smartphone app on
the road.

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 12:15 PM ...more
Michael Hack <mna...@gmail.com>: Dec 27 12:36PM -0500

While I don’t use VirtualBox, I am very familiar with VMware and Fusion. It may be the way that the wlan is being shared within VirtualBox - I suggest you try using it in pass-thru mode, where the ...more
Bill Morrison <bmorr...@gmail.com>: Dec 26 06:59PM -0500

I'm running 10.13.6 on MacBook Pro it works fine for me. I don't own a
windows PC

On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 5:52 PM 'Karl' via GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for

--
*Bill Morrison*
...more

I already mentioned that in my original post.

On Thursday, January 2, 2020 at 8:47:42 AM UTC-5, Bill Morrison wrote:
...more
Karl <karl.hu...@verizon.net>: Jan 02 09:00AM -0800

True, but it's nice to have the most up-to-date version to help someone
else out.

On Thursday, January 2, 2020 at 8:47:42 AM UTC-5, Bill Morrison wrote:
...more
Karl Hutchinson <karl.hu...@verizon.net>: Jan 02 12:28PM -0500

Thanks for the suggestion. I believe device firmware updates require a USB connection, not WiFi, so a pass-thru probably won’t work.

...more

Karl

Jan 3, 2020, 7:22:52 AM1/3/20
to GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles
Ah yes, standard reply #1.  BS!