Site status

Chris Forsythe

Jan 2, 2008, 8:05:39 PM1/2/08
to growld...@googlegroups.com
As of right now, here is what I know about hosting:

The server is going to go down soon, and won't be coming back up. I'm
performing a final backup of everything I can see that would be good
to have. As of right now:

svn is down until we choose new hosting.
http is up until the server goes down
mail is on another server

So once we have the decision made on hosting, things will be back up.
My internet at the new apartment is down, but I've put in an order to
get a new link up and running, so hopefully that's resolved this
weekend.

Chris

Chris Forsythe

Jan 4, 2008, 8:53:48 PM1/4/08
to growld...@googlegroups.com
Update: In case nobody has noticed, the site is now down. I'm going
to try to head over to a free wifi spot tomorrow to get it up on new
servers, but if that doesn't work out I won't be getting internet at
the apartment until Monday.

Chris

CodeThought

Jan 5, 2008, 1:37:34 PM1/5/08
to Growl Discuss
On Jan 4, 5:53 pm, Chris Forsythe <ch...@growl.info> wrote:
> Update: In case nobody has noticed, the site is now down. I'm going
> to try to head over to a free wifi spot tomorrow to get it up on new
> servers, but if that doesn't work out I won't be getting internet at
> the apartment until Monday.

Oh I definitely noticed.. :)

Good luck getting stuff back online.

Adrian Petrescu

Jan 6, 2008, 7:24:04 PM1/6/08
to Growl Discuss
Sorry, I haven't really been keeping up with this group lately, so
perhaps this has already been answered, but -- is this move because
Growl is transitioning to that new website that guy was designing?
Because IIRC, it was a gorgeous site and it'd be neat if it was up
already :)

Thanks!
Adrian

Malcolm Jarvis

Jan 6, 2008, 7:26:17 PM1/6/08
to growld...@googlegroups.com
No, the move is because the host is retiring the server.
However, the new site will come after the site comes back up.

//~ Gimp

Eddie Flores

Jan 7, 2008, 2:00:00 PM1/7/08
to Growl Discuss
I really admire the growl project. If you have any issues finding a
host let me know and I will be more then happy to host your site

Chris Forsythe

Jan 10, 2008, 9:22:06 PM1/10/08
to growld...@googlegroups.com
I appreciate the offer, but the nice folks at network redux are
taking care of us. Awesome guys over there :D

Chris

Chris Forsythe

Jan 10, 2008, 9:24:48 PM1/10/08
to growld...@googlegroups.com
Update: The website is back up. I'll bring subversion back up
tomorrow (or at the latest Sunday).

Malcolm, I decided to wait on the new design until it's fully ready,
rather than rushing it. If you think it's ready, once subversion is
up go ahead on moving that branch to trunk.

I may need to change things to run out of svnserve, so in that case I
may need to get passwords (plaintext, ugh) from everyone who needs a
commit bit.

Chris