Growl takes 100% CPU

Michail Pishchagin

Jan 24, 2008, 12:30:57 PM1/24/08
to Growl Discuss
Hi,

I've noticed, that after a day of active work displaying popups Growl
starts to eat 100% each time a new popup is displayed. I've tried to
sample it through the Activity Monitor, and here's the output:
http://pastebin.ca/871043

If I could be of some help, please CC me, as I'm not subscribed.

-Michail

Chris Forsythe

Jan 24, 2008, 12:37:22 PM1/24/08
to growld...@googlegroups.com, Michail Pishchagin
Please subscribe until this issue is resolved.

Chris

Peter Hosey

Jan 24, 2008, 1:13:34 PM1/24/08
On Jan 24, 2008, at 09:30:57, Michail Pishchagin wrote:
> I've noticed, that after a day of active work displaying popups
> Growl starts to eat 100% each time a new popup is displayed. I've
> tried to sample it through the Activity Monitor, and here's the
> output:
> http://pastebin.ca/871043

What version of Growl are you using?

Which display style are you using?

Michail Pishchagin

Jan 25, 2008, 1:02:28 AM1/25/08
to growld...@googlegroups.com

Growl 1.1.2, on Mac OS X 10.5.1.

> Which display style are you using?

Crystal. Here's a screenshot of my display style settings: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2242/2218373114_4cd636613d_o.png

bgannin

Jan 25, 2008, 1:43:10 AM1/25/08
to growld...@googlegroups.com

This is a known issue with WebKit-based display styles that we need to
get fixed. The workaround is to start and stop Growl.

- brian 'bgannin' ganninger