Growl Mail plugin for 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Brennan

Aug 20, 2009, 6:52:31 PM8/20/09
to Growl Discuss
To my surprise, the Growl preference pane works just fine in Snow
Leopard (although it runs in 32-bit mode of course)

Does anyone know when we will see a 10.6 compatible version of the
Growl Mail plugin?

Currently I am getting a "please contact the developer and tell them
to support Mail 4.0"

Looking forward to having my Growl back, it's just not the same
without it! ;)

Christopher Forsythe

Aug 20, 2009, 7:05:57 PM8/20/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
We're working on it. We don't have any dates, and we probably won't be releasing anything until after 10.6 is out.

Chris

Brennan

Aug 20, 2009, 7:32:37 PM8/20/09
to Growl Discuss
Rockin, thanks Chris!

damog

Aug 28, 2009, 4:41:28 PM8/28/09
to Growl Discuss
Hey guys :)

Snow Leopard is out now. Any updates on Growl Mail for it? It's an
awesome plugin and it'd be awesome to have it back. Thanks!

David

On Aug 20, 7:05 pm, Christopher Forsythe <ch...@growl.info> wrote:
> We're working on it. We don't have any dates, and we probably won't be
> releasing anything until after 10.6 is out.
>
> Chris

Peter Hosey

Aug 28, 2009, 4:42:33 PM8/28/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
On Aug 28, 2009, at 13:41:28, damog wrote:
> Any updates on Growl Mail for it?

http://groups.google.com/group/growldiscuss/msg/dd847d56d5971131

Hunter Ford

Sep 3, 2009, 11:59:11 AM9/3/09
to Growl Discuss
I wrote an AppleScript that should tie you over until GrowlMail and
Growl are 64-bit.

http://www.cupcakewithsprinkles.com/growl-notifications-for-apple-mail-on-mac-os-x-snow-leopard-10-6/

Peter Hosey

Sep 3, 2009, 12:05:25 PM9/3/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
On 2009-09-03, at 08:59, Hunter Ford wrote:
> I wrote an AppleScript that should tie you over until GrowlMail and
> Growl are 64-bit.

They are already 64-bit as of 1.2b1.

Hunter Ford

Sep 3, 2009, 12:10:04 PM9/3/09
to Growl Discuss
Actually, thery are pre-betas. So for those who are uncomfortable with
that, there is still a solution.

Peter Hosey

Sep 3, 2009, 12:13:46 PM9/3/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
On 2009-09-03, at 09:10, Hunter Ford wrote:
> Actually, thery are pre-betas.

Not anymore.

Christopher Forsythe

Sep 3, 2009, 12:41:04 PM9/3/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
No, they aren't prebetas anymore.

Steve Mammarella

Sep 20, 2009, 10:41:47 PM9/20/09
to Growl Discuss
Any updates on when GrowlMail will work with Snow Leopard? I really
miss this plugin...

On Sep 3, 12:41 pm, Christopher Forsythe <ch...@growl.info> wrote:
> No, they aren't prebetas anymore.

Steve Mammarella

Sep 20, 2009, 10:41:55 PM9/20/09
to Growl Discuss
Any updates on when GrowlMail will work with Snow Leopard? I really
miss this plugin...

On Sep 3, 12:41 pm, Christopher Forsythe <ch...@growl.info> wrote:
> No, they aren't prebetas anymore.

Peter Hosey

Sep 20, 2009, 10:42:36 PM9/20/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
On Sep 20, 2009, at 19:41:55, Steve Mammarella wrote:
> Any updates on when GrowlMail will work with Snow Leopard?

It already does as of 1.2b1, b2, and b3.

Vins

Oct 29, 2009, 1:25:13 PM10/29/09
to Growl Discuss
Hi guys,
after updating to Snow Leopard, Growl Mail notifcation plugin stopped
working.
I tried to download again Growl 1.2 and reinstall software and
plugins, but it didn't fix the problem.
Any hints?
Thanks

i.aten...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2009, 7:56:39 PM10/29/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
did you also install the new growlmail plugin as well as the new growl?
(plugin installer is located in the extras folder on the growl disk
image)

Vins

Oct 29, 2009, 8:57:56 PM10/29/09
to Growl Discuss
Thanks for answering.
Yes, I installed both Growl and the new plugin from the extras folder.

Chris Forsythe

Oct 29, 2009, 9:36:39 PM10/29/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
Try using the GrowlMail uninstaller to clear GrowlMail, and then
reinstall GrowlMail.

Chris

Vins

Oct 30, 2009, 3:16:37 AM10/30/09