Here's a working version of GrowlMail for you guys

Mike

Nov 10, 2009, 12:28:55 AM11/10/09
to Growl Discuss
http://growldiscuss.googlegroups.com/web/GrowlMail.mailbundle.zip

Updated plist file for compatibility. Info on why each update breaks
GrowlMail is here: http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/snow_leopard_updates_cause_mail_plug-in_headaches/

Basically, if the plugin does not explicitly state it is for use with
Mail 4.2, Mail will disable it. This will happen with each update. I
know, it's stupid. But that's the way it is. :(

Unzip and place GrowlMail.mailbundle in /Users/~/Library/Mail/Bundles

Be sure to remove the old version from the folder "Bundles (disabled)".

Peter Hosey

Nov 10, 2009, 2:21:02 AM11/10/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
On Nov 9, 2009, at 21:28:55, Mike wrote:
> http://growldiscuss.googlegroups.com/web/GrowlMail.mailbundle.zip

Note that this is not an official build produced by a member of the
Growl Project. As such, we don't support it.

happy-buddha

Nov 10, 2009, 1:52:08 PM11/10/09
to Growl Discuss
Thank you very much !!!

On 10 Nov., 06:28, Mike <m...@mcse7en.com> wrote:
> http://growldiscuss.googlegroups.com/web/GrowlMail.mailbundle.zip
>
> Updated plist file for compatibility. Info on why each update breaks
> GrowlMail is here:http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/snow_leopard_updates_cause_mai...

Shalom

Nov 10, 2009, 4:27:14 PM11/10/09
to Growl Discuss
Works perfectly, subsequent to the 10.6.2 update. Thanks!

On Nov 9, 9:28 pm, Mike <m...@mcse7en.com> wrote:
> http://growldiscuss.googlegroups.com/web/GrowlMail.mailbundle.zip
>
> Updated plist file for compatibility. Info on why each update breaks
> GrowlMail is here:http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/snow_leopard_updates_cause_mai...

tenderidol

Nov 17, 2009, 2:07:31 PM11/17/09
to Growl Discuss
It seems to be an easy fix. I would like to know when you guys are
planning to release the "official" update, so that we can decide
whether to apply Mike's version or not. Would it be possible to just
release an update for the GrowlMail, since every other thread is
asking for a fix here. Thanks in advance!

tenderidol

Nick

Nov 18, 2009, 2:19:17 PM11/18/09
to Growl Discuss