Colloquy Notifications Stuck on Bubbles Style

musicaleca

Nov 11, 2009, 8:59:38 PM11/11/09
to Growl Discuss
No matter how I set-up my notifications from Colloquy in the Growl
preference pane, they always show-up as the Bubbles style. I only use
Smoke, and Colloquy is set to use the Default style (Smoke), though
even when I set it to use Smoke manually or set to Smoke. When I set
Colloquy's style to Default or Smoke, it displays the preview
correctly, but actual notifications are displayed in the Bubbles
style. This occurred after upgrading from OS X 10.5 to 10.6.2.

Growl ver: 1.2
OS X: 10.6.2
Safari ver: 4.0.3
Colloquy ver: 2.3 (4617)

Chris Forsythe

Nov 11, 2009, 9:11:57 PM11/11/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
Bubbles is actually from Colloquy with permission from the developers
of that project. They still use it when Growl is not running.

Or likely in this case, when the framework they are using in the
version of colloquy you have running isn't picking up that Growl is
there.

LIkely you need to update colloquy. Please contact the developers of
that application.

Chris

Peter Hosey

Nov 11, 2009, 10:53:56 PM11/11/09
to growld...@googlegroups.com
On 2009-11-11, at 18:11, Chris Forsythe wrote:
> Or likely in this case, when the framework they are using in the
> version of colloquy you have running isn't picking up that Growl is
> there.

Yeah. Colloquy runs in 64-bit when it can, but they include an old
Growl framework that isn't 64-bit compatible, so it doesn't use Growl
on a 64-bit Mac running Snow Leopard.

The temporary solution is to Get Info on Colloquy and set it to run in
32-bit mode. They've upgraded to a 1.2 beta framework, so the problem
will be fully resolved in their next release, although they really
should upgrade to the final 1.2 framework before then.