latest growl 1.2.1 has some problems

Sanju

Aug 20, 2010, 7:18:26 AM8/20/10
to Growl Discuss
Hello,

I downloaded the new growl sdk yesterday. First I installed growl and
ran my app. All notifications came along nicely. Then I went onto link
my app with the growl-withinstaller framework. The framework got
linked properly and also got copied to the contents/Frameworks
directory of the app. But when I am running the app now, there is a
small hiccup. My app just dies without even registering app. When i
checked the logs I found the following error -

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception
'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '*** +[GrowlApplicationBridge
infoDictionary]: unrecognized selector sent to class 0xc00134a0'

From what how I got things about growl, both with or without installer
frameworks are using the same base methods. Am I missing something? I
have not changed the registration dictionary or anything for that
matter.

I tried to build fresh with installer framework from source code, but
it gave lots of errors. So I left that for time being.

Can somebody throw some light on this issue?? What would be a feasible
solution that i can try.

Thanks,
Sanju

Peter Hosey

Aug 20, 2010, 7:22:51 AM8/20/10
to growld...@googlegroups.com
On Aug 20, 2010, at 04:18:26, Sanju wrote:
> Application Specific Information:
> *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '*** +[GrowlApplicationBridge infoDictionary]: unrecognized selector sent to class 0xc00134a0'

This appears to be the same bug that this other thread is about:

<http://groups.google.com/group/growldiscuss/browse_frm/thread/e61f1816a96fa118/318180c22fc848ac>

I have a potential fix in my local source; I just need to test it.

Christopher Forsythe

Aug 20, 2010, 10:32:33 AM8/20/10
to growld...@googlegroups.com
Can you show us the code you are using for this?

Chris

Sanju

Aug 21, 2010, 7:10:40 AM8/21/10
to Growl Discuss

In the method registrationDictionaryForGrowl my dictionary looks like
this -

I have two (NSString *) notifName1 and notifName2.

NSMutableArray *notifNames = [[NSMutableArray alloc] init];
[notifNames addObject:notifName1];
[notifNames addObject:notifName2];

NSDictionary *regDict = [NSDictionary dictionaryWithObjectsAndKeys:
notifNames, GROWL_NOTIFICATIONS_ALL,
notifNames, GROWL_NOTIFICATIONS_DEFAULT,
nil];

[notifNames release];

return regDict

Also, this code works fine with Growl.framework code. The problem is
only when using with installer framework. Am i omitting something in
my code?
> > .

Sanju

Aug 23, 2010, 1:01:31 AM8/23/10
to Growl Discuss
Any updates on this guys? I think I forgot to mention few things.. I a
musing XCode 3.1 and Mac OS X 10.5

Peter Hosey

Aug 23, 2010, 9:11:51 AM8/23/10
to growld...@googlegroups.com
On Aug 22, 2010, at 22:01:31, Sanju wrote:
> Any updates on this guys?

Nope. I have still not tested and pushed the fix.

Sanju

Aug 26, 2010, 8:34:40 AM8/26/10
to Growl Discuss
Can I help you to test this in some way. I need this a little quick.
So u can send me the with installer framework XCode project and I can
build and then test on 10.5 machine that i m using.

Sanju

Sep 9, 2010, 3:33:43 AM9/9/10
to Growl Discuss
Hey guys. Is there any update on this. I need to include it in my
project. It is not going anywhere. I have to have support for both
10.5 and 10.6. Can you please let me know when will I be able to get a
fix for this.

Christopher Forsythe

Sep 9, 2010, 10:06:05 AM9/9/10
to growld...@googlegroups.com
As soon as we can get it tested, we'll run a single beta. If there are
no problems, then we'll push out a final.

This is exactly why we need developers help when we have our beta
testing. We had a very long beta period for this release, and nobody
sent in feedback saying that we had this problem. We set up those beta
periods for a specific set of reasons, one of them being that we're
more available during those times. For all developers on this list,
please try out the sdk when we put out betas, it helps us help you.

Chris

Sanju

Sep 14, 2010, 3:09:20 AM9/14/10
to Growl Discuss
Ok. Where will be an update for the next beta release with the support
for with-installer framework on 10.5. I will be there to test it.

Thanks,
Sanjay

Sanju

Sep 29, 2010, 12:46:29 AM9/29/10
to Growl Discuss
Hi Chris,

Is beta out somewhere?? So that I can download the new withinstaller
framework and test on my Mac OSX 10.5 machine.

Peter Hosey

Sep 29, 2010, 1:08:22 AM9/29/10
to growld...@googlegroups.com
On Sep 28, 2010, at 21:46:29, Sanju wrote:
> Is beta out somewhere?

We will post an announcement when we begin the beta period.