Grails hosting?

Peter Pascale

Mar 27, 2007, 8:37:58 AM3/27/07
to groo...@googlegroups.com
I'm curious if folks are starting to see wider support for hosting Grails in lower-priced ($10 - $20 / month) hosting services? Any service folks recommend?

Ben Edwards

Mar 27, 2007, 9:14:37 AM3/27/07
to groo...@googlegroups.com
On 3/27/07, Peter Pascale <peter....@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm curious if folks are starting to see wider support for hosting Grails in lower-priced ($10 - $20 / month) hosting services? Any service folks recommend?

There are services such as http://SliceHost.com or http://Textdrive.com / http://joyent.com that offer a lot of access to put whatever you want on the server. We deployed production Grails code for Mentos to SliceHost's 256 slice and it has worked well. Larger apps with more traffic could benefit by upgrading to the 512 slice. The benefit and drawback of slicehost is you can/have to install everything - even apache, etc.

-Ben

Scott Vlaminck

Mar 27, 2007, 9:44:55 AM3/27/07
to groo...@googlegroups.com
I haven't looked around yet, but since grails only requires tomcat, I
would imagine there would be options in that price range - or would
hope so, more accurately.

Scott

Scott Vlaminck // sc...@refactr.com
Refactr LLC // http://refactr.com
mobile // 612-386-9382

Mike Hugo

Mar 27, 2007, 9:50:19 AM3/27/07
to groo...@googlegroups.com
I haven't tried any of these myself, but have heard about the following hosts for JSP / Servlets: