TinkerPop releases another round just in time for the holidays.

Marko Rodriguez

Dec 7, 2011, 12:04:00 PM12/7/11
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Howdy folks,

Need a stocking stuffer for a loved one? Easy --- simply drop in a USB stick loaded with the TinkerPop 2011 Winter release!

New homepage design: http://tinkerpop.com

Blueprints 1.1 (Blueberry):
Pipes 0.9 (Sink):
Gremlin 1.4 (Ain't No Thing But a Chicken Wing):
Frames 0.6 (Truss):
Rexster 0.7 (Brian)
     Rexster-Kibbles 0.7 (http://rexster-kibbles.tinkerpop.com)

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING NOTES:
1. Be aware that old rexster.xml files will not work with Rexster 0.7. The tag <graph-file> has been changed to <graph-location>.
2. Realize that when you download Gremlin, there are two versions to pick from --- Groovy and Scala.
- Gremlin Groovy is what everyone is familiar with.
- Gremlin Scala is making its debut as an experiment in exposing the Gremlin style in other JVM languages besides Groovy. (thank you Zach Cox)
- Gremlin Java exists (via Maven2 or raw .jar) for those wanting to do the Gremlin style in pure Java -or- add Gremlin to another JVM language.
3. Pipes no longer depends on Blueprints. All the graph specific pipes have been moved to Gremlin. Pipes is simply a generic data flow framework now.
- <depend> on gremlin-java if you want to use Blueprints specific pipes.
We enjoy working on our graph stack and we hope that you enjoy using it.

Thank you,
Marko.

Luca Garulli

Dec 7, 2011, 12:09:20 PM12/7/11
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Super!
It's time to align OrientDB 1.0rc8-SNAPSHOT to this version ;-)

Lvc@

Peter Neubauer

Dec 7, 2011, 12:18:05 PM12/7/11
to gremli...@googlegroups.com

Coolio Marko,
I know where my labday is going :-)

/peter

Sent from my phone, please excuse typos and autocorrection.

Pierre De Wilde

Dec 7, 2011, 12:23:23 PM12/7/11
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Excellent job, guys. Thanks,

Pierre

James Thornton

Dec 7, 2011, 4:19:55 PM12/7/11
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Howdy! Congrats on the newstack! I like the release names, esp the Gremlin one -- "ain't no thing but a chicken wing" -- but you gotta say it with soul -- "ain't no thang but a chicken wang" :)

- James

Marko Rodriguez

Dec 7, 2011, 4:26:59 PM12/7/11
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
> Howdy! Congrats on the newstack! I like the release names, esp the Gremlin one -- "ain't no thing but a chicken wing" -- but you gotta say it with soul -- "ain't no thang but a chicken wang" :)

I was advised by a colleague that non-US-cultured users would be confused. -- its confusing enough to know how something that "ain't" can be a "chicken wing."

:),
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com

Siddhartha Kasivajhula

Dec 9, 2011, 7:20:22 PM12/9/11
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
I googled that expression after I saw this. How do people come up with this stuff?? :)

In any case, are these up on Maven yet? I just tried a build against Gremlin 1.4 using Maven, and I see:

Could not resolve dependencies for project com.pilot:pilot:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact com.tinkerpop:gremlin:jar:1.4 in tinkerpop-repository (http://tinkerpop.com/maven2) -> [Help 1]

(I tried with 'gremlin' as well as 'gremlin-groovy' for artifact name)

-Sid

Marko Rodriguez

Dec 9, 2011, 7:25:46 PM12/9/11
to gremli...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

<dependency>
  <groupId>com.tinkerpop.gremlin</groupId>
  <artifactId>gremlin-groovy</artifactId>
  <version>1.4</version>
</dependency>

Marko.