Then they came to us...

Skip to the first unread message

ranju radha

8 Feb 2009, 05:56:0608/02/2009
to green...@googlegroups.com, grey-yout...@googlegroups.com, ranjit...@gmail.com

First they killed Dalits. Then we said; "They deserve to be killed" We also adopted the same hindu brahminical strategies in our elite spheres to ward off dalits - (we still practice it proudly)

Then they came to Muslims and killed them one by one. We also kept quite as we belived that muslims are "terrorists"

Again they started killing Christians. We said; "Conversion is anti-national" and keep quite as usual.

Then they came to us. To our world. They brutally attacked our kids who were enjoying in the pubs- the world created by us for them. We cried. Our elite kids cried.
But no one was there to rescue us and our kids.

--
" The so called caste-hindus are bitterly opposed to the depressed class using a public tank not because they really believe that the water will be thereby spoiled or will evaporate but because they are afraid of losing their superiority of caste and of equality being established between the former and the latter. We are resorting to this satyagraha not becasue we believe that the water of this particular tank has any exceptional qualities, but to establish our natural rights as citizens and human beings."

- Dr B.R. Ambedkar, Mahad Satyagraha Conference, December 25th , 1927

damodar prasad

8 Feb 2009, 07:14:4608/02/2009
to green...@googlegroups.com
Let me quote from the Tehelka article you've fowded.

One of the key lessons of Mangalore, then, is to recognise the damage years of Hindutva resurgence has done to the Hindu — and by extension, Indian — mindscape. In nurturing its project of turning a plural, playful, impossibly diverse religion into an organising principle for a majoritarian nation-state, Hindutva ideologues have not only unleashed the poison of heightened communal politics into our bloodstream, but a deeper and, in the long run, much more dangerous and wounding disease: self-disgust. In homes, schools and public rallies across the country, young and old Hindus are constantly being told — you are effete, you are effeminate, you have let others invade and subjugate you, you have let yourself and your temples be desecrated. From this humiliating, brainwashing story of emasculation and injury has arisen not a productive desire for renewal but a new, almost psychopathic desire for "masculinity": an appetite for brute domination. Not the modern desire to live by the rule of law, but a crude desire for reprisal. This belated project of asserting "Hum bhi mard hain" explains much of the anarchy spilling around us. As long as you can display how strong you are, all is kosher — you can count on the sneaking admiration of your neighbours. And your mentors.

Now the question is : Have not we seen some postings by frankly cynical one in this e-group, in the aftermaths of  blasts etc.,  whose tone and tenor exemplifies: almost psychopathic desire for "masculinity": an appetite for brute domination. Not the modern desire to live by the rule of law, but a crude desire for reprisal.

Gouri Patwardhan

8 Feb 2009, 10:18:1408/02/2009
to green...@googlegroups.com
well said!!!

bobinson

8 Feb 2009, 15:45:4508/02/2009
to green...@googlegroups.com
elections are coming.

there is no need for any other big theories.

ranju radha

9 Feb 2009, 00:50:1509/02/2009
to green...@googlegroups.com
election itself is a big theory; and it cannot be one meta theory
OTHER theories will have its own space whether one likes it or not.
After all, how long can one ignore Other theories...

Gouri Patwardhan

9 Feb 2009, 03:51:4309/02/2009
to green...@googlegroups.com
tell us more about elections! :)